Does anyone take invega?

I really want to get off of clozapine. Invega is one of the few meds I haven’t tried.
Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Like

I use to take invega. It worked well for my positive symptoms but I felt zombie like on it. I think it made my negatives worse. I haven’t fully recovered on Aripiprazole though, so I think many of my negatives are directly sz related. In other words, I don’t fully blame Invega for my symptoms anymore.

So, in conclusion, it worked well for positive symptoms and it might be a step down in “over medication” in your case since you are on the strongest anti psychotic. It might work for you. I guess there is no way to be sure until you try it.

1 Like

Did you get injections or pills?

1 Like

I was given an invega injection during an involuntary hospitalization back when I was psychotic. It gave me severe akathisia that took a few months to wear off after stopping the drug.

I know it won’t do that to everybody but akathisia is scary so it is a powerful memory.

2 Likes

Injections 151515

1 Like

Invega has fewer side effects. But one that I has is a bad one. It’s very hard for me to keep the weight down.

1 Like

I take Invega pills 12 mg. It’s the only med that lessens the intensity of my voices.

1 Like

geez, that’s high. mine are 6 mg.

I refuse to go up. it’s been debated. no way.

2 Likes

I’ve tried to lower the dose but I just go loco. So, I stay on a high dose.

2 Likes

well, yeah. whatever works for you.

I was up to 15 mg on Risperdal. zombie. hated it.
maybe I didn’t give it time.
hope you’re good.

2 Likes

I tried the invega pills for about a few months. It wasn’t very sedating. I was able to sit still and my mood was okay. I was hearing things a lot at the lowest dose but they increased the dose and it went away. My prolactin was high. My motivation was a little low. I just switched to latuda and this is the best I have felt since I started taking medication I am hoping this keeps working.

2 Likes

im on 9mg invega er tablets. no noticeable side effects (not to say i dont have any but if so they are subtle). probably more appetite and higher weight than id have off meds but ive lost 50 pounds since i switched to it from olanzpaine

2 Likes

I take 100 mg monthly xeplion shot which is the name for Invega here in my country. It works good. It does take time for your system to get acclimated to the drug. And now I have a lot more energy than in the beginning. The down side is that I have low libido and not so many emotions. The Lack of emotion is good because I used to be very sensitive.

1 Like

my pdoc raised my AD. try it?

1 Like

What is AD? 1515

1 Like

Do show your psychiatrist the recent Lancet study and discuss with him to see if you can go on amisulpride and risperidone as they have the best effects on positive symptoms other than clozapine

1 Like

İ m on 3 monthly injection of invega.its 350 mg.its good drug.no noticable side effects.my form is degenerate due to weight gain but np.i m 39 and i ve done with relationships.i m only focusing my treatment right now.my prolactine 28. Cholesterol 255 .hunger blood sugar 78,blood pressure 128/89.but im on exercises(daily 10000 steps) and drink herbal teas and watching my diet

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I see my pdoc in two weeks so I will discuss a possible med change. I definitely want injections which isn’t available in clozapine.

1 Like

I second this 6377

1 Like

Actually there is.relprevv is olanzapine injection which very similar to clozapine

1 Like