Does anyone have delusions of grandeur?

I would say i dont have delusions of grandeoar. But i was spoiled as child so the vision of my self is really great…i really have a powerful selfimage.

I think whatever happens im gonna respect myself.

6 Likes

Just yesterday I was at the grocery store and I really nice song came on the speakers. I thought to myself, they really like me as a customer. They are playing this song specifically for me. I really think people put on certain songs at grocery stores and restaurants just for me. LOL

2 Likes

My delusions of grandeur came from my ideas of reference but I believe they’re different

1 Like

yes, I had delusions of grandeur about being a trillionaire and having the whole world love me…that was just a lie when I became stable. hard to accept but still just a lie.

2 Likes

I used too… now any delusion of grandeur just amounts to being smart and or cool… or attractive… still is a bugger of an experience to have intrusive thoughts along those lines all the same.

Yeah all the turmoil of my life’s great anti-social phase did wind up providing me with a lot of insight in how to operate and process other people’s behaviors… they really are all just controlling. Trying to sway situations to favor them, and blatantly at that.

Subtle, casual, and potentially removed all adds up to stoicism and it’s actually respected in the long run. Doesn’t surface at first, but over time people like the folk who aren’t self-centered or controlling. Beyond that even… it’s not just “like them” they also respect them.

And 77nick77 created Adam in his own image, schizophrenia and all.

1 Like

I believe I am the greatest Buddha of this era. Meds don’t have an effect on this “delusion”.

3 Likes

Just two months ago I believed I was either the Antichrist or Jesus Christ himself. Just a few weeks ago I couldn’t get around the question, “Why am I me and not someone else?” The condition of being me signified that I was somebody terribly important.

2 Likes

I’ve thought I was the devil Jesus and hitler all in the same day

6 Likes

I wanted to figure out the whole purpose of being (existance), not too grandiose? hey.

1 Like

Dang that’s some serious stuff !!!

2 Likes

I’ve had those same beliefs and my thoughts are racing so fast that I don’t even notice when I’ve switched from the devil to God.

1 Like

It was definitely when the bipolar low depressive/psychotic episodes of schizoaffective happened. I was cycling between moods very fast. It was when I was off meds.

Must have been a nice party.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m great at failure. I have been chosen as the king of Lowerville. It’s been a long time since I’ve had delusions of grandeur but since I know the old ones are not true I won’t mention them.

2 Likes

I was born to lose, but I live to win.

2 Likes

In New Jersey.

3 Likes

Well, they say variety is the spice of life.

1 Like

Damn…that’s a long post!

1 Like

I rather be delusional than suicidal any day

3 Likes