Does anyone have delusions of grandeur?

for some reason I have this inflated ego and believe i am something I cannot prove. no one has ever disproven this or told me I’m not this either so that reinforces this strange idea. I admit its technically a delusion but I often believe it

1 Like

Why such a long post?

I get ideas of reference with Gd talking to me everyday. I talk back to him too. I’m sure this is real and not a grandiose delusion. These come in the form of messages.

1 Like

Seems like the opposite of depression and a very interesting experience.

1 Like

This thread is beneath me.

3 Likes

I do not have any longer delusion of grandeur,

but many years ago I thought that my messages on the Internet had great impacts on the world events, the world leader.

But after many years I have no delusion of grandeur any longer. I am just a little person and my messsages have zero impact on the world events.

1 Like

If I mentioned some of mine they would prolly flag my comment for some gay reason …

At every few jokes you make a good one. You got that working for you

1 Like

I don’t know if this counts, but sometimes I get delusions of grandeur to reinforce my other delusions. For example, i believe my uncle is a serial killer and when people don’t agree with me or believe me I then believe I’m the best detective in the world, and it’s so predictable and I’m always right because this world was made for me.

Here’s a question- a couple doctors have told me I seem pretty okay when they talk to me. I only really have bad days or “episodes” of my schitzo and then I become lucid again. Is this normal for any of you? When I say lucid, I mean I can realize things are delusions and my behaviour was erratic and I can talk about it.

Thanks I guess. Even the majority of the very best major league baseball players fail 2/3 of the time when they’re at bat, lol. And they are multi-millionaires!!! I do my stuff for free!!!

1 Like

I used to believe I was a prophet from the Greek gods that were angry at being ignored after the creation of Christianity. Unfortunately it came with prophetic dreams of war and the ability to control other people’s emotions. My psychiatrist at the time put it down to manic depression before they changed it to EUPD.

They call it grandiose delusions, but I know I’m the chosen one. I’ve seen into the future when I return to the new earth in all my glory.

1 Like

no i don’t feel chosen. feel ridiculous and embarrassed. became almost obsessed with nonsense. now I see little me on this little speck in a young galaxy and so much i could never really understand or know. Actually I feel pretty humbled and insecure. I got sick and often ask how or why cause it seems I always ask and I have no idea why.

1 Like

we usually don’t discuss these kinds of things here. not trying to be mean.

They’re not delusions, I honestly am the most wonderful person on earth.

1 Like

I really think that delusions of grandeur stem from self importance. I have read alot about how to remove it. One key thing is worrying about if someone likes you or not. It takes up a lot of energy.

caring about being liked or belonging is a delusion of granduer @ablue? I thought that was more an insecurity or codependency(people pleasing) issue than granduer?

1 Like

The energy used to wonder about other people’s likes can be redeployed elsewhere. Using that energy like that is called self importance. Which I believe is the key root to making yourself larger or more important. So yes I believe self importance is delusion of grandeur. Completely different from self reflection though.

so you mean like trying to help others @ablue is grandiose? maybe even buying them groceries is stepping somewhere else but not so bad in my opinion.

1 Like

No that’s not what I said. It has nothing to do with giving back to people.