Does anyone get bad acne and do you think it is because of aps?

Myne used to be really bad. I have it somewhat under control since I started antibiotics permanently, but it is still a problem. My skin is really bad from all the damage it has done. Just wondering if this is common? When I am not on antibiotics I would say it was worse than when I was a teenager, so I do think that it is the problem.

maybe try cutting out dairy, avoiding sugar and gluten pasta. that’s what worked for me. fruit sugar is ok. more veggies, meats should be ok and lots of water. diet is what caused my acne not ap’s. but it’s different for everybody

1 Like

you could try an elimination diet to see if you have food triggers. some restaurant vegetable oils are also probably to be avoided as well.

1 Like

i still get the occasional pimple, from yogurt and cheese, but it’s rare so i don’t worry about eliminating dairy anymore. i just use a grapefruit facial cleaner, and that mostly prevents breakouts.

i was raised on fast food, so i had bad acne for a few years, despite using products. and it seemed like i always got a pimple before an event, like a school dance or wedding or something to embarrass me haha. i went vegan for 4 years and my skin was great, not a single breakout. now im going back to vegetarian, which includes 3 servings of dairy, (yogurt, shredded cheese, and whey protein powder) so i don’t have to supplement with b12. i’ve also read that goat’s milk is easier to digest than cow’s milk and may cause less problems.

2 Likes

I have been reading that high androgen to estrogen levels caused by aps causes acne. I’m not sure if everyone gets it though. It is really noticeable how bad my skin is after all the damage it has done. Do you think it is on more rarer cases that people get it?

I have some spots on my back.

And if I don’t exfoliate I get bad blackheads

My nose has scarred pores so it is prone to blackheads if not careful

1 Like

My primary school teacher once said to me are u turning into one of the three witches from macbeth as a joke!! Cos of my teenage spots.

And this guy in my primary school used to call me spotty dog.

1 Like

o well maybe there is something to it, but thankfully i haven’t had any problems with my skin because of ap’s.

1 Like

I have not had any problem with acne since beginning on meds 40 years ago.

1 Like

I used antibiotics for a while, but it was useless. In my case it worked that I gave up on sugar and lactose. Two times a week I used azelaic acid and salicylic acid. Besides, the cosmetician suggested my acne may be because of a bad diet and lack of vitamins in my organism.

@AlanPeake Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us

A few tips on things that confuse newbies:

Cake day is the anniversary date of when you joined.

The 1515 or other numbers at the end of peoples posts are because there’s a 15 character minimum to post. So people put 15s after until they get to the minimum characters to post.

To tag someone, put the @ followed by the name.

Here are the moderators if you need them: @anon4362788 @anon55031185 @Bowens @rogueone @Moonbeam

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Volunteer Moderator