Does anyone else feel guilty for what they were like in a psychotic episode afterwards?

I do and sometimes it eats me up inside. I cant see certain people anymore because of it.

4 Likes

i feel very guilty
my episodes were very traumatic on my friends and family

3 Likes

Nah I don’t feel guilty, I never hurt anyone, but maybe some people were put in an awkward situation, but that’s nothing to feel guilty about.

1 Like

Nope. I can’t help that I was sick in the past. I would feel guilty if I was able to take measures to improve my health and avoid psychosis, but failed to. Anything following from that would be on me.

1 Like

Yes, I do… I hurt my family very much…
Refused too many time to be hospitalized, and declined all three years…
They didn’t know what to do…

I feel guilty for believing my hallucinations and having delusions. It was about the neighbors. I wish I could go back and change that.

1 Like

I feel so guilty it really doesn’t make life easy …because I’m constantly worried id do that again

1 Like

nope, I did things I used to feel really bad about but truth is, I wasn’t myself…so there’s that.

Yes I feel guilty, because it often happens when I don’t take my meds properly

I should say I had problems with the neighbors because of my hallucinations and delusions. I got in trouble for it too. I wish I could change it. It’s okay though. It’s almost 7 years in the past.

1 Like

No, I don’t really feel guilty. I just didn’t like switching AP’s and recently having other meds interact with my Abilify. I just glad when the delusions and hallucinations stop.

1 Like

shame more than guilt

1 Like

I feel like a first class pratt

1 Like

I’m angry and ashamed with what my mother had to see and endure while me being psychotic. She didn’t deserve going through with what I did.

1 Like

Yes, I feel a lot of shame and guilt about that. Especially since I didnt and dont take medications all the time - though severe trauma around meds did play a role in that…i’ve had terrifying responses that were ignored by psychs and a close loved one died of (other) medications and left four young kids behind. I’ve walked around running away from meds in delusional panic for quite a while after that.

Guilt tends to come up in waves. In other periods I block it, because if I really think about all that happened and how this impacted others, I feel so bad that I can’t be there for my loved ones now. And they would not be helped by that. I was never violent, but they were hurt in other ways. Like by their worry about me and me not being there for them and being unpredictable.

Big time but not anymore i have no control over anything but the present and future

Yeah, I was polite and cooperative. I really regret that.

1 Like

Yes, some of the things I did were pretty bad. Nevertheless I still think people need to be accountable for the things they did to me. I believe that the scales tip in my favor. And if people have really done nothing wrong to me, they should be welling to confess what they did in a binding legal forum.

2 Likes

I’m ashamed that I’m told I’m mentally very ill. But I haven’t harmed anyone so that’s my saving grace.

1 Like

I repress it all and pretend I’m normal. Every now and then I remember something incredibly embarrassing I did while delusional and cringe a bit.

2 Likes