Guilt because of schizophrenia

Any one else deal with overwhelmingly painful guilt for past wrongs because of this condition?

5 Likes

I don’t feel a bit guilty because all my misdeeds have been washed away. Now, I’m clean as snow.

2 Likes

I feel guilty for the things my family has had to go through because of this. I wish sza would just go away.

2 Likes

I’ve heard others with sz say that, and I also have the same problem. It comes and goes, sometimes with a lot of strength and about the silliest things.

Guilt just isn’t productive. I know saying that doesn’t help, but it’s the truth.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been getting this a lot lately

1 Like

I felt guilty for doing some hair-brained things that caused my family some really bad grief. My relationship with my dad was never the same after I had my first breakdown. I think he found it hard to process that there was something wrong with me.

2 Likes

So guilty. I have done so many things i regret

2 Likes

I get it every night just before I go to sleep. As soon as my head hits the pillow my mind starts going over my past and picks out cringe worthy events. It lasts for about 30 minutes. I’ve just gotten used to it.

2 Likes

No guilt here. I’m done feeling guilty. Felt like that the first few years.

1 Like

Yes so much guilt. It’s one of the reasons I make sure to take my Meds so that I don’t hurt someone’s feelings because of psychosis again

2 Likes

Early on I was cursing at people. Paranoid.etc .

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.