Do you want to live?

I want to live SO much. I want to be HEALTHY so much.

I want to be happy and live and enjoy this life.
No-one really knows when is the last day, hour on earth, life is already so short.

Being happy makes life so SO worthy of living and enjoying.

There is still SO much I want to do before I die. I hope my life is not stolen from me, by illness, or sudden accident.

6 Likes

I’m caught between wanting to die and wanting to live forever. I’m tired of all the hurt in this world but I’m also so entranced by the beauty and kindness. I would like to see what happens in this world but I know I won’t be able to see it all and that saddens me. Also I don’t know how to even make it through this life time idk how to make it through 1000 lifetimes.

3 Likes

No i do not want to live except for a few rare brief moments, and i often wish my brother hadnt cut the rope when i hung myself at the age of 5. But im stuck here living and sometimes i worry that i will never die

1 Like

All of you guys have so much to live for!
Hang on …

5 Likes

Yes. I think you might need some type of antidepressant. Have you tried Abilify? A lot of people can’t tolerate it, but it does pick you up. If not Abilify, maybe an antidepressant. You need to give yourself more credit. You’re a good person. I’m sure you add to the lives of those around you.

3 Likes

Antidepressants make me more depressed, antipsychotics make me more psychotic, most meds do not work right just about the only thing that does work right for me is antibiotics which do not do anything for mental issues

2 Likes

I am on an antidepressant, in fact I just switched from Lexapro to Zoloft so we could go a little higher on the dose. I’m probably going to need to go even a little higher when I see my pdoc on the 20th, I’ll see what she thinks. Maybe that will do the trick. I can’t take abilify it gave me mild tardive dyskinesia but I do take two other aps. And thank you for your kind words.

2 Likes

I will die after my mom and dad go. They’re both 69, so I probably have another decade or so…I will kill myself when they are gone, I’ve just not done it cuz I know it would destroy them in this life. I will rejoin them in the next life.

I have been able to hear all the responses to this thread and “like” them all. I can’t “like” this one it’s just too sad. But I do hear you and I’m glad you have a decade left to find peace.

1 Like

I go through stages of depression when i wonder what the point is and don’t like being around but they usually pass. In those times I kind of put one foot in front of the other, sort of living in the moment. Down to little things like getting a cup of coffee, watching a movie, talking to someone, reading a book, really anything to keep me going and trying for a lift.

3 Likes

Yes, I want to live to see Conor Mcgregor win the Heavyweight Boxing Championship of the World. I see it happening soon.

6 Likes

Why not? Life is anything if not interesting. Your missing out and it’s not normal for a human to want to end it. I know it has it’s challenges but it’s worth doing. It really is.

3 Likes

Oh I’m ready to check out. Too much bs in this world except for my dogs. They keep me going! I treat them like royalty because their unconditional love is priceless! So I’m sure I’ll always have pets or you might as well stick a fork in me. Seen too much for anyone. To Be free however my sz has been stable just mixed/mania heartache problems etc. but don’t do it cuz it is selfish, self righteous and your disease talking. You are better than that, Chris Cornell and Chester from LP offed themselves and fans were shocked. Not my number one type of music…big rush fan, but you could see and hear their pain. Maybe your purpose for feeling this way is to be empathetic to another and that weakness is a choice. Think of who and what you’d miss. I’d never like yesterday wake up the guys with the smell of cinnabons that took me forever to make but you’d never smell those aromas or see people gobble them up as if they were from the actual Cinnabon store. There are rewards in life because if it gets dark I always remember there are still stars out there. Take care and anyone who is suicidal, I don’t know what else to say. Life is a bitch but are you really really ready for finality…

2 Likes

Not at the moment but I usually do want to. I live for the simple pleasures in life. But I’m feeling so miserable now I want to crawl into a hole.

3 Likes

Yes, I want to live. Life is great. I’m glad to be able to say that after so many years of being so suicidal.

5 Likes

I do want to live. Sometimes I get the thought that it would be easier if I gave up, but then I put it away. Dying won’t make things better for those around me. People would miss me.
And I’ve had friends die by suicide before. It leaves people behind feeling lost and betrayed and confused, and I don’t want to do that to anyone.

2 Likes

I change my mind about this often. Today i wanna live.

5 Likes

Yes, I do. But I want to LIVE. Right now, I am just surviving.

4 Likes

I agree with the people on this thread who say life is worth living, even when it is hard. It is rare for me to have suicidal ideation. Maybe it is because I have friends and support groups and day treatment to go to. Everything seems worthwhile. I also have a lot of appreciation for the little things in life. If I were to paint, my world would be bright and colorful with a little darkness on the edges right now. I am on top of my goals to slowly loose weight and get substitute teaching certification. Going out and engaging in activities or down time really makes my day better…

3 Likes

Today I feel happy to be alive and don’t remember even starting this thread. It’s sad that I felt that way. It’s sad that a lot of other people feel that way too. I hope our good days out number our bad days and on our bad days we will try to hold on another up. Stay alive friends.

5 Likes