Do you think your illness is because of your sins?

sorry to hear that, you are a man of honor, although i think you are not responsible for your illness but you are responsible to fix it for sure, wish better days for you and your family.

glad to hear that you attribute your voices to god and not to evil, i dont hear voices but i am ambivalent an now i left both two side and try to see what reason says without attention to my ambivalence although not successful all time, lets cure this illness and see what happens.

No. Because thats what the delusions say is the reason. Thats how the delusions make me think theyā€™re not me. Theyā€™ve come from afar out of necessityā€¦ to ā€œtry to save meā€.

i donā€™t think so. But i will say i just heard this in church on Sunday if it makes you feel better. And I apologize if this it too much religion. Not sure what the rules are on talking religious stuff. But at least in christianity. If you look at the bible all the major players were troubled. They werenā€™t the devoted loyal followers but they were the troubled ones that Jesus and God chose. Alcoholics, murderers, prostitutes, you name it. Those are the charachters in the bible. The officials didnā€™t like Jesus because he hung out with sinners.

Just an FYI for you. think of it as you will. no more religious stuff. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I for one really do appreciate this post. Thank you for that. Itā€™s good to be reminded that some of the people in there had problems just like us.

2 Likes

I think your right some churches and religious people do forget that. But it really is true. :slight_smile:

no i donā€™t think sz is caused by sinā€¦

hugs to all
jamesgirl

I think its karma based, this illness. Sure no matter whether you believe in God or not, its a good attitude to have, to consider that the ā– ā– ā– ā–  that comes your way is ā€œkarmaā€.

No, illness is not a spiritual thing.

ā€œPersons in health do not need a physician, but the ailing do.ā€ā€”Matthew 9:12.

No, definitively no; I have many sins but these are not linked with the religion.
Tolteca.

like someone else said, if it is, it happened b4 i was bornā€¦but then i am not ill, iā€™m abused. there is a difference.

No, at 15 when my illness first really started getting out control I donā€™t think I had many sins to account for. I believe mine was due to a 2 month premature birth in 1981, they didnā€™t have the technology they do these day, and being born in a small town they really didnā€™t have the technologies the cities might have had. I do think maybe though having to deal with suffering now is so I can have peace and enjoy it more when the times comes and God calls me home. Thatā€™s just my personal belief though, I try to be a good person, I donā€™t drink, do drugs (other than my prescriptions), and am still a virgin. Iā€™ve never killed anything more than a bug or spider, I basically try to follow the ten commandments as much as possible. The only thing Iā€™m worried about is not going to church like I should, but in my opinion man created church, not God.

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine. Patti smith

There is no agreement on ethics except poor people who break the laws too badly go to prisonā€¦If you want to try it and deal with the consequences, ā€˜whateverā€™ is almost the rule. So, understand why some people are anti-social and do not bother with socializing much cause there is no legal way to defend yourself against unwanted attention by anyone and some do not care if they get you fired from good employment to use you.

No, my illness was not caused by my sins though some churches would tell a schizo otherwise to check out your pockets and make a show of fixing you up. A person was bragging she had hurt other friends, She introduced them to her sexual abusers, scared us all good, then let her abuse do whatever he could accomplish. The women friends who lived alone ended up psychotic after this routine because we had PTSD as the stories were not retold to anyone elseā€¦ Iā€™ve heard it for 10 years nonstop now, medicated or not. I got stalked, trespassed, belongings ruined by other victims of this woman who have been bothered for 30 years low including beaten almost to death and no one from this bunch intervenedā€¦

Nah. I think that every life time we come to Earth we experience different challenges so that we can gain new experiences and grow as an individual. Mental illness is just one of those challenges.

Sins do not exist in my mind. Only right and wrong. so no my illness is an unfortunate happening.

A lot of my sins have been because of my illness.

1 Like

I will believe what modern science says is the cause.Which they donā€™t know for sure but it seems to point to genes, environment, or a chemical imbalance.

No, this is the kind of garbage that was prevalent during the dark ages but surely weā€™ve grown from that? Look around - how many shitty human beings do you know who are wealthy, happy and healthy? I know plenty. Theyā€™re not suffering in a dark room, theyā€™re on a yacht getting sun tans. My mother is one of the most generous and giving women I know, yet sheā€™s been crippled with a mental illness for 2 decades.

1 Like

When i am off my medication i see it as hell and great,I feel like i have a special mind and special responsibilities only i have but i dislike the bad things of my illness.
I donā€™t mean my illnesss is good but it has got me through some tough times in the past thats all i can say.