Is schizophrenia just a punishment from God?

I am having trouble believing that this illness isn’t just a punishment from God. I don’t know who I can trust anymore and feel like everyone is just ■■■■■■■ with me. But I mainly feel like God gave me schizophrenia because I am a terrible person and it is my karma from all the mistakes I made/make. I don’t even know why I’m posting this because I don’t trust anyone is ever going to be truthful with me and if they are, I may not believe them since I feel like I’m being punished.

This will most likely get shut down, due to religious. :shark::shark::shark:

Itty bitty babies get cancer. Do you think they have done anything to deserve punishment from God? It’s not punishment from God. Lots of people suffer through things they do not deserve.

3 Likes

Schizophrenia affects about 1% of the general population. You were just randomly selected to develop schizophrenia. Taking your anti-psychotic medication will suppress the thoughts of paranoia, delusions and hallucinations. Majority of people with schizophrenia who are medication compliant turnout to have a better outcome than those who are medication deviant. Many high functioning schizophrenics are medication compliant.

1 Like

Have a growth mindset. It’s a challenge and blessing.

1 Like

I honestly don’t believe sz is a curse from God. I believe it’s an organic brain disorder

3 Likes

Do you believe all schizophrenics got this way from god? Because what about people like me who don’t believe in god and I see no proof that convinces me there’s a god? I mean did I piss off Zeus or something? I always just believed it was a medical/psychological disease. From what I’ve seen of the peoples gods around the world, it does seem like god would be spiteful enough to give someone this disease. I don’t believe it though.

1 Like

i believe to some extent it is, some supernatural element is involved, also its ur karma/destiny also at work

I don’t know about the idea that God wants to punish us. There is ample evidence for it, but it is still a grim view of life.

Why would he punish us?
He created us, knowing what we would do.
It doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

There is no undeniably verifiable ‘reason’ for schizophrenia.

Do you really think God wants to punish people when they haven’t done anything bad??

A lot of people think this way but illnesses are not punishments.

2 Likes

If God is everything and everywhere,
where and who is Devil?
Ponder

,…who is God anyways? Seriously. I don’t understand the whole God topic. Probably not allowed to talk about this but just something for you guys to think about privately

1 Like

It’s not a punishment from God because there is no God.

But assuming you believe in such nonsense, ti would seem schizophrenia would be an act of the Devil.

Sz/sza are crosses we must bear for His glory.

We just won the lottery, so to speak. In the early going, I might have believed the same thing. But now I realize it is just a neurological disorder.

No….

:neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face: