Do you think families and other people could make your life as schizophrenic a lot better?

do you think life would be a lot better if others were nicer and more encouraging etc to you? instead they choose to abuse you, isolate, take advantage, neglect and expect to suck up to them because you are needy.

My family has done everything they could to help me, and support me.

2 Likes

what about other people like the hospital

1 Like

My therapist and psychartist has done nothing but help. I don’t know about the hospital though, as ive never gone.

then why i all the injustice being done to me? i am like an alien to these people

1 Like

I had injustices to me a lot of stigma and discrimination and hate I felt.

1 Like

Trust me I understand the stigma surrounding this illness, but where I put the blame is the media. Not our support system, though your story might be different than mine. I don’t know how you were treated, but all I can say is I hope it gets better.

1 Like

i used to be in a better situation, now it has gotten worse and soon hopefully will get better but how can these people lose the taste of abusing me?

do you think you will keep up the good work for the upcoming years?

1 Like

Possibly, but then again we never know. I could end up being homeless or worse. Or I could end up making a full recovery. Hopefully the latter though.

1 Like

how can people live life with such uncertainties? how will you deal with all the sensory issues being schizophrenic and homeless? heck i can’t go outside more than a few hours without going to the washroom.

1 Like

The people around me have been nothing but supportive

1 Like

I guess it’s just the uncertainty of life.

My family has been so supportive. They really help me out

1 Like

then what is wrong with me? why do my family hates be and play politics with me knowing i have schizophrenia?

1 Like

Has your family had education about sz. My nurse had long discussions with them detailing what sz entails both positive and negative symptoms.

@Abu_man are you on meds? Super sensitivity to family is a symptom which can go away if you’re on meds.

i am on invega sustenna injection 150 mg and i take olanzapine odt prn 5 mg upto 15 regularly. i was on clozapine back in the days then i had to quit because of side effects. i guess i was less paranoid about family back then but it’s not fair to take clozapine to see if my family sensitivities would go away. but i might ave to try it again. things are not good. my mom was educated back in 2010 but my sister made my life hell. mom used to look after me alot but now she had isolated me and always plays some kind of head games with me. i think i a smart enough to know when i am be treated unfairly.

2 Likes

I know what you’re going through. A big part of the reason I stuck with meds is because I can’t really count on my family.

1 Like

I too am very fortunate to have a supportive family in my sister and brother-in-law. I live with them and hate to think where I would be without them. Here in Australia I have found great support in my health practitioners and have only recently become a part of the National Disability Insurance Scheme whereby I am appointed funding for support workers, education and training, home assistance etc. I was treated very well on the three occasions I was admitted to hospital, so well, that I didn’t want to leave.

2 Likes