Do you think families and other people could make your life as schizophrenic a lot better?

do you think you are stable? why do you think your family hates you? maybe you aren’t doing well mentally? can you name one thing your family has done to show you they hate you?

My family is mostly supportive but my wife doesn’t think I will be able to hold down a job. She supported me through about 7 jobs that didn’t work out so she thinks I should just stay on benefits.

The hospital made me worse. Antogonized me for sure. One time they helped me. That was the most recent trip. I was severely out of it. The other three times were torture.

1 Like

My family is ok. Except that they don’t believe in MI or medications for MI. They believe you should go to Gd with all your MI problems. And further, they don’t even believe I am MI.

1 Like

I understand. The institution of family is longest acting most abusive, discriminating, and high authority of any in our society.

If they haven’t given up on me, they’re come down on me by not being good enough, and all kinds of complaints. With my dad, it’s politics.

I hate them all. They’ve made my life hell.

2 Likes

Yes people in the hospital were bothering us over trival things. Dont bother the mentally I’ll over trival matters. They dont feel as well as you.

1 Like

Trivial* 577996432

Yes oh god yes family reliance and having folks that can help you when you’re losing it improves your chances of staying out of trouble dramatically. If I had no family I would be homeless right now, even with a disability check.

I’ve got one family member who is abusive sometimes and the rest of the family is dealing with it.

Well, to be quite honest @Abu_man, i don’t have anything abusing me. I’m lucky, i already have a very good support system in place. But i guess that really confirms your question.

Yes, i believe with the right social networks in place, it can have a dramatic impact on your life as a schizophrenic. You will be supported through the good and the bad phases, you will be encouraged and supported through new ventures, and most of all you’ll be treated with respect.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.