Do you tell your pdoc & therapist about this site

If so, do you ever think that they will come check it out?

5 Likes

I tell my therapist about it.

I sincerely believe she’s never been here snooping.

Because she’s busy,

And that would be weird.

And she doesn’t get paid for stalking me,

So I doubt she does.

4 Likes

I think I’ve told him I joined a forum but nothing specific.

3 Likes

Haven’t told my pdoc. Don’t have a therapist.

1 Like

I told my behavriol therapist about this site. She said stay off this site, don’t stay on this site too long. She was basically saying this site is a negative influence. After she said that I thought
“yeah right, this site isn’t a negative influence.”

1 Like

That’s pretty judgmental of her!

2 Likes

I’ve mentioned “the schizophrenia forum” to my pdoc, several times!! I don’t think she cared to snoop and find out what I’m posting, or find out my username. But I like to tell her how the forum is a good, supportive place. :relaxed: She seems to like that this forum is helpful to me.

1 Like

Your right, I don’t know why she said that.

2 Likes

I’m sure she doesn’t realize how well moderated it is.

4 Likes

Good point, it is almost like she doesn’t want me to have fun. I’m not trying to be judgmental, I’m just saying.

2 Likes

My pdoc misunderstood and thought we get help from other doctors on the forum, at which he laughed in a ridiculing manner. I really don’t like my pdoc much. Just get meds from him is all.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that she has enough facts to make that assessment.

Oh, you have a pdoc with selective hearing?

1 Like

Do you mean he hears only what he wants to hear?

1 Like

yes, and jumps to the wrong conclusions.

1 Like

I wasn’t specific with my therapist and pdoc but they both are supportive of me going on a mental illness forum.

My therapist has no problem with me coming onto this forum for 6 hours a day or more.

She tells me as long as I’m getting things done at home then it’s fine.

She feels that it’s important for me to remain social even if it’s on an Internet forum.

2 Likes

I told my pdocs, they didn’t seem to care. Actually one said that I am wasting my time and to do something productive instead. I wish I could. Gaming isn’t productive sadly.

2 Likes

At least you learn some things here on occasion.

2 Likes

I think this forum can be a very productive place.

What else are we going to do solve the global climate crisis?

I’m schizophrenic and bipolar, this is a healthy social outlet for me.

My last therapist was against me coming on here but she was a waste of time and an awful therapist.

My current doctor and therapist are all for me coming on here and socializing a bit.

3 Likes

I think he meant I should exercise, read books, etc

3 Likes