Does Your Pdoc Know Your On This Forum?

Yes, no, maybe… If so, how does he/she feel about it?

I’ve mentioned it to her, and she seems to think it is a good thing.

1 Like

my therapist does and she seems to think its a good thing.

1 Like

I’ve never mentioned it. Usually I just complain to him about symptoms… He doesn’t help much but still makes me come every month. My therapist listens to my life problems and usually just tells me I am taking on too much responsibility and should do less… A bad idea…

1 Like

nobody knows I’m on this forum.

4 Likes

I told my dr I am on this forum but did not tell her my user name.

I may of told someone else when I was wierd.

1 Like

Yeah, I would never tell anyone what my user name is on here. What I write on here is none of their business.

4 Likes

What does your pdoc think of online MI support groups?

My doc doesn’t even know his own address or phone #. He’s so stupid his wife prints out directions every morning off of Mapquest and tapes it to his shirt so he can find his way to work. He’s so stupid he makes Kim Kardashian look like John Nash or Steven Hawking.

8 Likes

My pdoc knows that I frequent a MI forum for Schizophrenics.
I don’t give her details - too paranoid.
She is all for it.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m too paranoid to tell my psychiatrist the name of the web site. I just told her it’s a site for people with psychotic illnesses.

3 Likes

Ahahhahaha this is hilarious ahahah :joy:

Blockquote

She’s indifferent o this kind of information. I fell like a fool for mentioning it to her. I think they like to bask in the full glory of treating their patients by themselves.

1 Like

My mental health worker was very supportive and my pdoc was okay with it but didn’t really have an opinion regarding it

1 Like

My pdoc said his other patients use or have used it in the past.

Mine does not. Unless he’s been on this forum. If so, he probably knows.

He’s the one who prescribed it

1 Like

I told my therapist about it and she said it could be harmful for me as supposedly only people with the worst of the worst cases of schizophrenia post here which could be discouraging to someone with a fresh diagnosis. I’ve found that not to be true though so here I am.

1 Like

He says it’s harmful cos other people with schizophrenia try to keep you down on their level and don’t let you recover. He doesn’t know how safe this place is

2 Likes

Not yet but I will tell her next time I see her. I just started posting here about three days ago.