Do you suspect voices are real?

actually what makes me suspect voices are real
is what they call "honest voices "
voices that predict the future accuratly
also
they tell me bad things in the future that they make it happens
what to do with this wild voices ?

4 Likes

my mother in law has tried to convince me that the voices were evil spirits but i know they are not real. but ever now and then they seem so real

1 Like

so do you feel they are real or not real ?

if i’m not on meds i think they are real but if i take meds i know they aren’t real

2 Likes

I think mine are , I mean why else would i be told not to eat

My voices were real to me and no one could convince me otherwise.

Thankfully they stopped.

1 Like

true or not i have a rule,
you call me, you state what you want or need,
regardless of whom you are.

When I first got sick and didn’t even imagine that I was actually hearing the voices in my head, I thought it was my neighbors spying on me. Send me into a psychosis thinking they were real

3 Likes

I think my voices are real but wish they weren’t. When I hear comments being made I get very anxious and panic.

Tbh I am still iffy on whether or not God & the demons are actually my psychosis or real. I mean logically I can say it’s psychosis, I can understand why I’d have these voices, makes sense, but it’s hard to argue with that visceral feeling that they are real. I’d say I’m 50/50 on it at this point.

I’m 95% sure that the trauma I experienced during my first major episode was caused by an actual evil spirit just because of the bizarre nature of what happened compared to my typical psychotic symptoms, it was so entirely different from anything I had experienced previously and have experienced to this day. I still have some uncertainty because perhaps it was extremely vivid & intense hypnagogic hallucinations since that was when I first really developed narcolepsy & was very sleep deprived which makes narcolepsy attacks worse.

2 Likes

I’ve never had voices before, I saw an asapscience video which said sz voices might just be a manifestation of the unique human species capacity for verbal thought. It cited a theory someone had that before the development of completely modern minds people experienced voices in their heads telling them to do things like “go here”, “eat food now”, and that these voices may have been the origin of the concept of god or a trancendent spirit world among humans. So I think in a sense voices may feel very real because they are a throwback to an ancestral human condition possibly, meaning this ancient feature is simply presenting itself in a small segment of the population whom we call schizophrenics experiencing auditory hallucinations.

2 Likes

Basicallly, voices feel real because it is in our dna to hear voices. Or we possibly evolved to hear them.

1 Like

I think they are real beings in my head.

For a long time I thought they were telepaths(that I was being stalked) or perhaps demons(when I believed in the supernatural). I think it helps recovery a little to realize they aren’t real. Who would have the time to say dumb ■■■■ like that all day anyway?

1 Like

it annoyed me a voice, or voices, in my head asked me, what i would do if my boyfriend did not really love me.
which later i realized he did not.
many years after the voices sounded outside my head, i realized i was annoyed back as a freshman in highschool, however it did not seem odd or strange to me.

much of my childhood was erased. and when i’ve determined that i was willing to fight even physically, i’ve blacked out. only coming back to myself after a problem is solved. i say that, because i don’t know whether i was hearing voices prior to that.
as is normal i suppose, i remember being a disappointment growing up. i remember telling my dad a lizard was on the newly pour basement floor. he said that was impossible, and didn’t bother to go look. i went back and looked myself and did not see it. that leads me to believe maybe i was rarely seeing things at a younger age.

what is called hallucinations are real to me the same as a joke is funny to me. mine are as likely to be sounds, maybe even moreso than voices. and sometimes question me as if they are wanting me to consider what i am thinking about. near like training me that my thought are determining my emotions.

sometimes i think they are part of prayers, the part that might involve me, or loved ones praying for me. maybe it is a skill i need in my next life, maybe i won’t have a human body with vocal chords.

because i lived for so many years without even knowing mental illness or sz existed, and believing the things were beings, i practiced ignoring, or dismissing the voices so much that i had to slow my thinking and nearly give complete attention to be able to even recall their words. as i decided what if the voices, sounds and such really were a benefit to me. as my daughter had beencrying at school and taken home for homework in an effort to help. unfortunately i had panicked when i could not find her, after being told she was crying. my knee had not been replaced yet, and i had walked looking till the pain was severe. after showing by expression my anger, to a bosses brother in law, i had returned to my position trying to figure out how i was unable to find my daughter. the situation caused my boss to come and call me out, taking the blame for his bil. he told me if i wanted to blame someone to blame him. he has seen me searching for my daughter, asking at the office, and was lying about having had given permission for her to be taken from the school. and i let him have it. that caused me to be moved from my position. even my job title was changed. the new position was very social and my skill set for it very poor. the situation was so difficult for me i began trying to figure out ways to end my life without my grown and near grown children finding out. i also began to try and get help from the voices. to this day, the gov has never paid me after i resigned that job. a CERS team of three doctors determined i had been disabled before i was hired. i plan to sue the gov branch for lack of payment of disability. such could cause someone to hurt themselves.

as i said, having had so much training ignoring the voices and such i had to practice hearing them completely as my brain would dismiss them so quickly i could only catch pat of what was being said. when i had broken down, began crying, and told my husband i had been trying to find way to end my life, what seemed like his disregard for me, maybe it sounded like a way out of marriage for him, anyway that reaction led me to resign the job. as i no longer cared if he became angry about it or not. i realized he did not have mercy toward me. he had believed in some way i could control being psychotic. that i could get ahold of myself and not be insane. early in our marriage a voice had told me i did not love him because i had left him a honey-do list when visiting my family. i had attempted to destroy our marriage. i had also attempted suicide when we were engaged. i suppose i had hardened his heart toward me.

anyway, yes they seem real to me. and sometimes i wonder if they are split personalities because of the way i black out, but also because when i weep i can’t even remember the feeling i felt. i forget sadness and how it even feels.

I believe my voice Alien is real yes.
Fortunately he hasn’t bothered me for a while now, say about a month or two. Sometimes I still get his thoughts coming in my head, but I haven’t heard his voice in a while.

1 Like

me neither. I haven’t heard of Annette for a month or more.

1 Like

whatever my voices are. they’re definitely afraid of me. I pursue them but they flee off into the hills. I’m thinking they’re something else, like a different species, not sure what. but yes they’re real, they use there speed to get away with unusual things

They are clearly real if they can predict future events, narrate situations, and uniquely pick upon you negative or positive qualities.

1 Like

Idk but they need to shut up.

4 Likes