Do you still have dreams?

Since i am taking medication i don’t dream anymore. And my memory is almost non-existent of my past . I know thinks happen in the past but i don’t remember the things anymore, only vague

4 Likes

I don’t dream nearly as much as I use too now that I am on antipsychotics. I dream occasionally and have wet dreams way less than I used too, but I consider that a good thing, I hate waking up with messy pajamas, lol

My memory isn’t as good as it used to be either, but that could be a schizophrenia/medication/age combo thing. I remember stuff from the past but remembering new things sometimes takes a little repetition, like at work we have these hand held devices, and you have to enter certain information as you work and I would forget sometimes, it took me a week or two to really get it down pat, each bit of information has a corresponding code number. I also had to memorize my employee ID number, that took me a week to do.

1 Like

I have vivid dreams

Yes. They usually end up turning bad unfortunately.

does this wake you up at night

1 Like

Occasionally.

1 Like

I dream very rarely in my sleep. It’s the dreaming I do when I’m awake, that concerns me

2 Likes

my favourite coping mechanism

1 Like

I dream every night. When I have a nightmare it upsets me. If I have a good dream, I’m happy.

2 Likes

I interestingly have a lot of lucid dreams ever since I started taking antipsychotics. It used to be occasional for me but ever since I’ve started taking medication I keep having them almost every night!

3 Likes

Welcome @TotallyFreakingNuts

If you find yourself in need of help, just tag a moderator. Type the @ symbol, then our names

@anon4362788 , @Ninjastar , @Moonbeam, @rogueone, and @Bowens

Enjoy your stay with us!

1 Like

That’s interesting. I have always found lucid dreams very peaceful

Welcome, @TotallyFreakingNuts !

I dream, but don’t usually remember much from my dreams. Persecution dreams, dreams of traveling, dreams of playing music if I’ve had a day of working on music, recurring dreams of being arrested

2 Likes

I still have dreams, but they’re just hard to remember or they’re incredibly mundane. I don’t get as many interesting dreams anymore unfortunately. :frowning:

2 Likes

I stopped dreaming after getting sick. Thought it was the schizophrenic in me but it was sleep apnea. Use a CPAP machine now and dream again. Get a sleep study done.

3 Likes

I have crazy nightmares of being in a speeding car with no brakes. I wake up confused and my heart racing. I experience this several times a week.

Otherwise I have mellow dreams but don’t remember much when I wake up.

1 Like

I started taking Caplyta and I have dreams almost every night since. Some are nightmares. Not sure how I feel about them. Caplyta is working well so far, just getting used to having dreams.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.