Do you sometimes feel like your always

bracing for positive symptoms. I feel like I’m constantly on guard watching for any signs or symptoms of a relapse. It’s like I’m not comfortable. I can’t quite relax, trust and let go. It’s always in the back of my mind at the very least that I have sza and I can’t trust what I’m seeing and hearing. Do you have that same experience?

11 Likes

I’m still being told I’m psychotic so I don’t know what it’s like to have a clear mind. But if a drug could make the men go away, I would always be afraid they’d come back

2 Likes

I’m quite clear of positive symptoms and not afraid of them coming back as long as I’m taking my meds. I am sorry that you have to deal with this feeling leaf.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s because I still get break through symptoms.

2 Likes

The other night, nothing was wrong, I wasn’t upset or anything, but when I laid down to go to sleep I heard music. My sort of distorted, old time music that I hear. I was upset, but I just calmed myself down and eventually fell asleep. It was gone when I woke up a couple hours later.

2 Likes

That has to be irritating leaf. I have never had hallucinations myself. It was only delusions for me.

2 Likes

Delusions can be tricky. But I’m glad you never dealt with hallucinations, they are upsetting and frightening at times.

2 Likes

Back in 2016 when my paranoia and delusions of reference went away, I didn’t trust it. I thought it would all come back any minute. With time, I learned to trust it.

2 Likes

I imagine you’re just trying to keep prepared for the possibility. The Paradox is that the more you worry about it, the more likely it is to trigger the symptom

Is there any way to reason with those fears?

1 Like

I get that when I am around background noise like a vent on a bus. or chatty people outside a class with an open window, or hearing a lawn mower in the background. It is why I am very particular about moving to a quiet place.
Yea I also sort of sub consciously have it in the back of my mind. The what if???
Kind of thought.

We will be alright

3 Likes

Yes, exactly. That’s why I like it quiet.

2 Likes

I feel like I can’t relax. I just had breakthrough symptoms five months ago. I was on medication. I heard this awful diabolical music in my head then after that it just went down hill. I wish I could work but I just have to except the fact that I am not stable enough for work. I really hate this disease.

3 Likes

I have paranoia and delusions everyday still even on meds, I get anxiety too, voices have been less, I hope one day I can be symptom free.

1 Like

Same.

I might be able to hold a job for a day, but because of the symptoms, I would be unable to hold it for longer than that.

2 Likes

I have delusions and hallucinations everyday going on 3 years now. Some days are better than others. A lot of times I can ignore the delusions for a short period of time. They just never quit that’s what drives me nuts every once and a while. Good things.

2 Likes

Yeah, I am doing the same thing right now.

1 Like

Yes. 1515151515

1 Like

I think my health problems are worse than my positive symptoms and I’ve always felt people were deliberately trying to make psychiatric symptoms worse, by forcing me to deal with increased stress, I didn’t even have to deal with before.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.