Do you smoke weed and have schizophrenia

i do, if my body is aching or doesnt feel right it helps and if im in a dark place in my thoughts it gives me better thoughts but sometimes if i do to much weed the phycosis gets alot worse and i start thinking spiritually and religiously which is not good for me to do. Id rather not think about that stuff. Latley ive been smoking alot but i think its just to much have to regulate my dosage just like any drug to much of it isnt good only maybe need it now and then…

1 Like

I smoke weed and have schizophrenia,

But it’s never made me feel bad or psychotic.

My pdoc knows I use.

I’d say it leads to trouble for most schizophrenics so it’s not really recommended.

4 Likes

I smoke once in a while, for me is like a present i make to myself. Sometimes I smoke to cure boredom and numbness.
It´s no good to me, I usually feel paranoid during the high, and maybe the day after a little bit aswell.
I love getting spiritual and all that ■■■■ with weed.

1 Like

It depends on severity of your symptoms.
Weed made me psychotic, paranoid, violent, olfactory hallucinations and delusions. I stopped it 1.5 years ago. Avoid it if your symptoms are severe when unmedicated.

2 Likes

I have smoked weed in my early 20 before Dx of SZA. I could be in a room full of very good friends and get really paranoid about them.

1 Like

I do and it helps me allot sometimes. I’ve never felt like I took too much. But now I’ve also smoked sum k2 before and I had alil too much of that. But I’m pro Mary jane

1 Like

Yes, i do.
I lived all my 20ties without weed. I got diagnosed sz with 19 years of age. In my thirties i start smoking again. What’s the difference?

1 Like

I did after my first break, now after my second break I can’t😢

1 Like

I´m exactly in the same situation. I didn´t take it seriously the first time. I still smoke very rarely, but much less than before.

Yes, I smoke weed occasionally.
It works as mild LSD for me inducing hallucinations. I don’t recommend it

1 Like

I can’t, it’s been almost a year since I last tried, which did not go well. 2 years before that I tried and people could hear my thoughts again. I wouldn’t suggest it, but if you can and not suffer, then go for it.

It makes me paranoid/delusional so I avoid it.

triggers paranoia/delusions and makes me sick, i cant do it

I have a mmj card and I eat edibles…sometimes I will smoke it…but I’m trying to be smoke free thus the edibles…love it love it love it…

2 Likes

It makes me really psychotic so I stopped. I don’t really have time for drugs anymore though, too busy.

I, too, have off and on interludes with Mary Jane. I like the escapism aspect of it, I enjoy being in my own universe for a couple hours. I know it is not beneficial, but I need to sedate myself every so often. I have 18 hours sober

My doc knows too. She encourages me to use it because it has yet to be PROVEN to make us worse.

We are NOT all the same. If marijuana makes you worse don’t do it. It doesn’t make me worse.

4 Likes

I use it on a daily basis, but I don’t recommend it to people with psychotic illnesses, as I know many cannot handle it.

Weed made me aggressive, all my old friends who smoke it are aggressive. I am sure its the weed.

I used too. It didn’t agree with me. It was a lot of fun as a teenager but it abruptly changed when I got ill and it worsened my symptoms dramatically and was never fun again. I would just say to people who smoke pot with schizophrenia and it keeps making them psychotic and paranoid to give it up. It ain’t going to change and it ain’t going to get better the next time.

2 Likes