Do you sleep too much?

I sleep 15 hours a night, I’m in bed by 9pm and up at 12pm everyday. No naps though.

I feel like it’s too much and I want to cut back to 10 hours per night…

2 Likes

I’ve been sleeping too much recently. It really sucks. Mine I think is depression. Plus now I’m kinda stranded in my apartment, due to my car being in the shop. Luckily I have friend’s and family to rely on if I get too isolated and in my head. Not everyone is so lucky.

I’m just trying to make it to the 23rd when I finally go to therapy again. Then the 29th I see my pdoc. See what the deal is. My meds were doing good work. Hopefully just seasonal.

1 Like

I’d say I get about 10 hours a night. But it can go up to 12 sometimes.

4 Likes

Yes, I sleep too much, 10-11 hours a day. My doc wants me to get only 8 hours a day but the clozapine knocks my ass out.

1 Like

Yeah, my pdoc wants me sleeping less, I sleep 12 hours a night.

2 Likes

yes, way too much anywhere from 12 to 15 hours a night! And I get up in the morning and sometimes lay on the couch and sleep some more I am always tired have to make myself get out of bed a lot of times. Going to the gym is hard at times especially when I am tired like I am. I think it could because of my Beyond Severe Obstructive sleep apnea I am on CPAP but even that sometimes doesn’t help as much as I think it should. And having low Iron could be the reasons why I am tired all the time.

2 Likes

8-10 hours on average. Maybe more if I stay up all night.

2 Likes

I have problems sleeping too much. My pdoc suggested I take my evening meds later in the night (like 8 pm), but that didn’t help me sleep any less.

I think it’s my routine that makes me sleep so much. I just can’t get out of it, so I sleep about 10-11 hours a night, with no naps during the day. Eventually, my pdoc just said “whatever is working for you, just keep doing that”. I’d say the slightly excessive sleeping at night is working for me.

2 Likes

Ever since I had to put my dog down I’ve been sleeping 9+ hours every night.

Going to sleep at 12 AM and waking up at 11 AM.

I’m gonna start putting my alarm on, it can’t be healthy sleeping that much.

1 Like

Thanks for your replies everyone! :sunny:

My problem started when I added in an extra high-dose anti-psychotic(on top of a full dose monthly injection and anti-depressant)… I have tried things like using a sleeping mask at night, changing my blinds, etc but these hacks don`t seem to help :sweat_smile:

I`ve been on the two-antipsychotics/anti-depressant combo for almost 10 years. I think it’s time to talk to my doctor…

2 Likes

Be happy if you’re able to get good sleep. My sleep is ■■■■. I see a sleep medicine doctor in June but am seeing my doc Monday to try and see if there’s anything we can do. I literally will go to bed at 1:00, wake up several times feeling like I’m not gonna fall back asleep, sleep a few hours each time, and wake up at 6:00 or 7:00 am. Idk what’s up. On invega I could get 12 hours. I’d average about ten. I never worried about sleeping to much then. I had a habit of not having a sleep schedule though.

1 Like

My watch says I’m averaging about 4 hours a night. More sleep would be nice.

1 Like

If you wouldve made that statement about 40 years ago people would’ve thought you were a crazy person.

As for me, I sleep about 2 hours at a time, then I either get up or force myself back to sleep eventually.

People thought I was a crazy person 40 years ago and I had no watch to blame it on.

1 Like