Do you play a musical instrument?

Any good books for learning piano?

2 Likes

When I was growing up as a kid, my parents would take us along with them to the drugstore when they needed to pick up a few items. There used to be a jar of strands of hollow licorice on the counter of the cash register.
They cost two cents apiece and my parents would always buy us a couple of pieces each. We used to take two tiny bites out of the licorice on one side and a tiny bite out of the opposite side so there were three tiny holes. We discovered that if we did this, if we blew into one end of the licorice it would make a sound like a whistle.

3 Likes

I bet I could play a mean jaw harp with no prior experience. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Like a reed organ style harmonium?

1 Like

Yup lol I still have it downstairs although itā€™s broken and needs repairing

1 Like

I play bass, drums, synths, and vocals.

1 Like

As a young preteen and teen I played folk guitar. I could play Eagles, lynrd skynrd, and Bob Segar. I grow fingernails now and donā€™t play.

I am playing guitar since i m 13.now i m 33.so ı have 20 years of experience on them.i have 7 song that i wrote.if you want to listen just at bottom

I play the piano. As a child I spent 8 years at a music school and played piano there. Now I play mostly to relax. I play mostly Beethoven - to Elise, Moonlight Sonata. I also play Oginsky - polonaise. Of classical composers I adore Chopin.

1 Like

I play the French horn, the flute, and the guitar (an acoustic/electric). I have played the piano, violin, cello, viola, trumpet, alto sax, piccolo, and clarinet in the past. Thatā€™s all that I can think of, but I may be missing something.

I love Chopin, and Lisztā€™s Liebestraum is one of my favorites.

3 Likes

I dabble in guitar. also I aspire to play the piano, mandolin, and violin.

2 Likes

I learned to play the clarinet, but I have no sense of timing or tone. So it was a general no-go. Now music makes it really hard for me to concentrate on anything else, so I generally donā€™t listen to it even.

1 Like

I had piano lessons for 8 years. Started playing before that though, around three or something. I played a song I heard from a commercial by ear and everyone thought I was a musical savant.

I won some awards for my compositions so thatā€™s cool. I stopped playing when I was 15 or 16 because of mental illness and I havenā€™t played since. I blame depression mostly. But I still have my piano in my room in case I change my mind. I look at it all the timeā€¦

I also learned the drums, guitar, bass, ukulele, clarinet, and a brief stint with violin. I always wanted to learn the harp though.

2 Likes

i produce music on my computer for a record label

1 Like

Viola and bass guitar. I stopped playing bass guitar in early 01 when i was declining mentally.

1 Like

I play guitar, electric and acoustic

1 Like

No. I wish I did.

1 Like

I mainly sing but I also play some piano

1 Like

Yes, I often play with myself. Uh, wait a minute, hmmm.

1 Like

I sing and play :guitar:. Wish we could post videos here I would share but no go

1 Like