Do you make any nice easy desserts

this is an easy crowd pleaser coconut dessicated 400grams then you melt a little bit of butter in a pan add the coconut and a can of condensed milk add some chopped cashew nuts or pistachio nuts add a teaspoon of cardamom powder. spread into a square dish and let set in the fridge for 2 hours
coconut burfi.best at room temperature cut into little pieces.
what desserts do you make that are easy.

4 Likes

I’ll take an apple, core it… stuff it with brown sugar and a little butter…

Bake it until it’s soft all the way through and either put caramel sauce from a jar on it… or I’ll take some of the caramel candies and stick them in the apples about 15 minutes from being done.

Let it cool a bit… vanilla ice cream along side… :yum:

4 Likes

start with a store bought brownie, scoop of vanilla ice cream. dollop of hot fudge, whip cream and nuts forget the cherrie…voila!

1 Like

bread pudding:

500gms brown bread, 100gms sugar or sweetener equivalent (not weight but spoon for spoon), 100gms melted butter or baking margarine, 2 eggs, 1 pint of milk, 3 teaspoons of mixed spice or allspice, 200gms sultanas.

break up the bread into thumb sized chunks, pour over the pint of milk and let soak for 15 minutes. then add all the other ingredients and mulch together like you’re kneading dough until you are left with a thoroughly disintegrated well mixed mulch. line a deep small baking tray with baking paper that has been greased with butter. bake for fifteen minutes at 180 degrees then cover with foil and bake for a further hour and ten minutes. lift out from tray holding the baking paper and sprinkle with brown sugar whilst still piping hot and allow to go cold. once cooled cut into chunks and enjoy! i have been told that my bread pudding is luscious!! note: do not eat whilst hot as the cooling time brings out the flavours of the allspice and sultanas.

once you have mastered bread pudding proper feel free to replace the sultanas with triple chocolate chunks and the allspice with 150 gms of cocoa powder…i’m making this for my son tomorrow :smile:

as for the original, if you don’t like sultanas then use any combination of dried fruit or fresh that you like but no more than 250 grams worth so choose your fruit carefully. it’s not necessarily the weight but the ratio of mulch to fruit that is the key to a good bread pudding be it fruit or triple chocolate chip. for chocolate, keep the chunks the size of a sultana or small raspberry, somewhere inbetween. you ideally want a mouthful of either lots of fruit and mulch or lots of tri coloured chocolate chunks and mulch. it’s up to you how much chocolate you put in. you just judge it by looking at the mix. too much and it won’t set, too little and you’ll be disappointed lol. happy baking folks. let me know how they turn out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh man… I LOVE… really LOVE bread pudding. It’s a weakness. Thank you for that. I’ll copy this and give it a try.

1 Like

so do i hunni…that’s why i make the diet version now. it’s a total saving of about 600 calories…that’s a whole lot if you’re gonna eat the whole thing over the course of a few days. x

It’s supposed to last a few days? Good to know… I most likely would have eaten it in one day. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

to be honest? i scoffed nearly all but three chunks of a fat version yesterday lol. i had to give the rest away to a neighbour before i finished it!!

1 Like

I bought 50 boxes of instant pudding last month. I have one box left. It was fat-free and sugar-free. I got chocolate, pistachio, butterscotch, vanilla, white chocolate, and cheesecake. You just open the box, dump the dry powder in a bowl, add two cups of milk and stir for two minutes. Then put it in the refrigerator for 5 minutes and it’s ready.

2 Likes

Something a little different is low cal jelly (jello) mixed with plain yoghurt. Follow the jelly (jello) making directions to a tee just exchange the last half of the water when making the jelly (jello) with plain yoghurt. Make sure it’s mixed well and put it in the fridge to set.

1 Like

blackberry and apple crumble, but i feel like i’ve made it enough times not to look at the quanties, so i get it wrong every time, simple butter flour sugar mix on top of fruit, baked, crunchy sticky

1 Like

I had prepared cheesecake for the first time and it was really delicious all of my family members liked it very much. It is easy to prepare and cherished by each age group. There are various restaurant cheesecake supplier who provide finger licking cheesecakes with a variety of flavors.

2 Likes

Sahara. Mojave…