Just had a homemade banana loaf

My brother in law made it. Man was amazing. The outside was slightly crunchy and had kinda caramelised a bit. The inside was soft. There were walnuts through it

I babysit for my sister and brother in law. I don’t ask for money but like today now and then I get a free cake or two!

17 Likes

In addition my side effects from the vaccine have lessoned and am feeling a lot better. Might have been the sugar rush from the cake

4 Likes

My friend said he was at a party in his early 20’s. Someone had made a loaf of home-made bread and his pal was really hungry.

But he drank way too much and just before his buddy passed out he yelled…

"Home-a-Loaf!"

Then he did a faceplant on the couch and passed out. :smile:

3 Likes

I thought the story was so funny, I actually say the term “Home-a-Loaf” when I’m pulling into the driveway from a car ride with the family.

It’s my silly way of saying ‘we’re home’.

2 Likes

Patrick you have so many good stories. You should write a musical and include some of the stories

1 Like

Thanks @anon94176359!

Yeah. I seem to have a knack for remembering every funny thing that has happened to me or others over the years.

I have good recall for humorous events. My buddies tell me the same thing…that I’m always bringing up funny stories from my past.

3 Likes

One I used to make.

3 oz butter
4 oz caster sugar
1 large egg beaten
7 oz self raising flour
0.25 teaspoon salt
0.25 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2/3 cup seedless raisins
2 large ripe bananas peeled and mashed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Grease & line 1lb loaf tin
Beat sugar and butter together in a bowl till light and fluffy
Then beat in egg a little at a time
Sift together flour,salt & bicarb
Fold into creamed mixture till evenly blended
Stir in raisins,bananas & walnuts (if using)

Spoointo prepared tin . In preheated oven 180c/350 F/Gas mark 4 for 50-60 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack. Remove paper lining. Leave to cool.

Can be frozen. Serves 6

3 Likes

I want to make this, but must buy ripe bananas and other ingredients.

1 Like

Now I’m craving banana bread.

1 Like

I keep meaning to make banana bread, but bananas never last long enough in this house to get properly ripe. Starlet prefers them green (ew) and I am lucky if I can even get one that is properly yellow;

1 Like

I’m with starlet, I like my bananas a little green.

2 Likes

Banana bread is the best! Especially when someone else makes them for you. You feel so much love. Yum

1 Like

I vote for making more banana bread.

1 Like

That is exactly what happened today. My brother in law specifically set out just to bake me banana bread. I was very touched

2 Likes

It is very brave to admit when you are wrong. :rofl:

1 Like

Is there something I’m missing? I don’t get the humor in “Home-a-Loaf” Is it like another saying?

My friend’s pal was so drunk and he wanted a loaf of home-made bread.

Instead, he just yelled out ‘Home-a-Loaf’…then faceplanted on the couch and passed out.

I found it very funny.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.