Do you isolate,hows your living condition and social life like?

Hi,I have been away for a long time,but let me ask a question I wanted to ask.During new year,there is a lot of social gathering with family members,aunt,cousin,uncle and now both my siblings had a partner and I feel the more people the more troublesome for me.I don’t hate my siblings partner because I have no reason to,but i have no motivation to push myself to socialize anymore,because I am not rewarded and not felt happy.I don’t want to go through the discomfort and then feel just a little better later on…I have been taking high doses of fish oil,back to working out after one year off and because I couldn’t sleep at night,so I took melatonin yesterday,and it sort of worked.How are you guys doing?Anyone married,symptoms improve during this year I wasn’t around and anyone got into a relationship?

1 Like

I isolate, been alone 99% of the time for 30 years now, I know nothing else

2 Likes

At school I just keep my head down and not talk, so I isolate myself too

1 Like

I’m generally a hermit except for class and online socialization. Living conditions are not so good right now (living with a very toxic ex boyfriend while I attempt to work on my mental health and get a viable degree for a job I can hopefully enjoy).

1 Like

I isolate my whole life mostly. It’s always been one stupid reason or another or my delusions or introvertedness and lack of social skills. Normal people would have sought out help in life. I didn’t really want to be this way, but i made choices and am stuck with it now. I’m afraid to even show myself to people oftentimes and that all started very young, then my delusions took over later and living alone on ssdi.

1 Like

I thought your very compliance with your meds.Doesnt it help at all?
Are you contend living alone,and how did you get back without a little socializing and did you have sex before?

Oh,I am extremely quiet and withdrawn…I don’t have friends,I mean one or two which I couldn’t relate very well.Nowadays I am so sick that I skipped family gathering,this is the first year I did that,I didn’t have to go through the awkward and painful socializing with them.I was very unhappy when I went to dinner with my family today,I was silent and I bet my both my sibling’s gf realize something is not right in my head,now they know

1 Like

You sound worse off then I am, I have 3 friends I can talk too. But that’s it.

1 Like

Why don’t you leave your toxic bf and find a new one??I only had one gf,and I really want a relationship,but I have been unlucky in terms of relationship,plus my mental health is obstructing…I see that I might be alone for a long time,if not forever

I remember you…you once had a time you tried sarcosine,am I right??Are you on antipsychotic at the moment?
I have started to withdrawn a lot this year,meds doesn’t help.Plus my age doesn’t help too,I grow older and older and just couldn’t fit in any social group…I did fit in a mental health group really well three years ago,but they are in another country.I feel similar to what you described…are you doing anything with your life atm?Traveling,studying or working full time?

I take my meds and do well on them, not sure what you mean, but a long time ago I went through a break up and decided I am no good at relationships, and have kept to myself ever since. Now I just want to be home all the time and go no where but I have to go to work. I work alone and my stuff is all left outside so I hardly see anyone at work

As for sex in my younger days I was a drinker and outgoing, had lots of sex back then, once I quit drinking I hardly went anywhere to meet people and friends only called me when they were single or fighting with their spouse. They never called while in a relationship. so I gave up on them all.

As for sex now I just go solo, odd but I just don’t want to be with anyone

1 Like

I am definitely worse,One more year and I will be 30.I only have had one short term relationship…I am doing my best in alternative way,I hope I can get somewhere,if not,so be it.Everyone leave the earth someday

1 Like

Good enough,at least your experience sex and relationship…that will be good enough for me too.I want a family and maybe children,if I didn’t,never mind as long as I get sex frequently which now is a necessity for me

1 Like

Nah, it wasn’t me who tried sarcosine. I’m off my aps at the moment. I don’t work and havn’t in a long time. Sometimes I wish somebody would shoot me or the world would end.

1 Like

I also have suicidal thoughts nowadays,it’s mild.Why did you choose to stop your meds,but ain’t you doing anything to help your mental health??

I just feel better off meds, usually, but now I’m pretty suicidal so maybe should go back on them. I go to a mental health chat room, that’s about all I do for mental health. My health proplems are getting worse too, so that certainly doesn’t help my depression. And, that I threw away my life for the grandiose delusions I have.

1 Like

I am okay with taking meds,but I cannot accept the sexual side effect that comes with it.It hurts my self esteem badly not being able to erect well…Now I can have better sex,but no partner though

1 Like

Yeah , that used to bother me a lot when I was younger. Not as much now.

1 Like

I rather die then not having sex from now on.Its a gamble,I mean not being on meds which doctor’s suggest,but at least I don’t missed out sex

I really struggle with isolation. When I began isolating in college, I lost all my friends along the way. Haven’t talked to any of them since then (2010). And it’s not just friends, I haven’t seen some of my extended family in awhile, either. I think sz has ruined my life in this aspect, my social life is non-existent. I’m working to fix that though