Do you hear voices? - Poll

I’ve read that like 75% of sz hear voices. I feel like on this site it may be a greater percentage. I feel like I am in a tiny minority in this community as a non voice hearer.

How many hear or have heard voices?
  • I hear voices off meds
  • I hear voices on or off meds
  • I’ve heard voices in the past but no longer do on or off meds
  • I have never heard voices

0 voters

i had audible thoughts today, intrusive audible and brief but i wouldnt say they were voices

its quite rare these days

1 Like

Fairly rare these days but ocassionaly they pop up

2 Likes

sometimes its like having a demon on one shoulder and an angel on the other but something inside tells me what is worth listening too and i am lucky it has been accurate for a while with the help of my meds of course.

1 Like

Off meds I heard voices, but I heard them in my head, not out loud like when someone is talking to you. And I could have conversations with them, again, in my head.

5 Likes

Did they seem audible to you? Or were they more like thoughts? Just curious.

1 Like

I didn’t hear them with my ears if that is what you mean, they were “other people” or whatever in my head. Similar to thoughts, but not exactly. I could always tell the difference between a voice I heard and something I was thinking.

But when I talk to myself in my head, the voices were kinda like that, and that is how I conversed with them. But they all sounded different in my head, like I could tell the difference between a female and a male voice, and I could differentiate between the different female voices for example.

4 Likes

Thanks. That’s interesting.

1 Like

I hear them regardless but they are much worse off the meds.

1 Like

Those of us that have never heard voices are very fortunate. I wonder if age of onset has anything to do with it. I was in my late forties when diagnosed. I think you were older too @Bowens ?

1 Like

Yes, I was in my early 40’s

1 Like

maybe not as accurate as i like to think, i am not perfect

1 Like

It ain’t no joke when I’m off my meds I can’t function or do anything I just lay in bed all day being paranoid over things like black holes and wars and things I would rather not mention
I hear voices all the damn time

2 Likes

When I wasn’t properly medicated like when I was on Abilify I would hear “noises” like the telephone ringing or the doorbell going off.
I would hear distant police sirens but it was rare.

But I never heard constant “voices”

Just yesterday I heard what sounded like people having a heated conversation in my front room. Except not.

1 Like

I used to hear voices when I was not on anti-psychotic medication. But since I have been receiving my injectable meds for the past 10 years, no voices at all.

2 Likes

Same.

The most common thing I hear is my name being said… but not as “voicey” as when I’m off my meds…

2 Likes

Hey me too!

@Headspark

4 Likes

Mine usually pops up under high stress or a mood switch. Its usually a command voice.

2 Likes

Interesting…

Mine seems to pop up when I’m alone or scared lol perfect timing eh…

2 Likes