Do you have a life

Do I have a life. Sometimes. I work a little part time. I have a boyfriend that I maybe see once or twice a week. He lives far away. I have one friend that lives far away as well. I don’t really have any other friends. I have my parents to keep me company. I spend a lot of time doing nothing. I want to have a life like I did before I got schiz. I just want my old life back working full time and feeling great. But it’s doubtful that will happen . You never give up hope though.

No friends at the moment, but I lucked into a job where I am around mostly friendly people all day and I get to chat with a lot of them but I also have times where I am relatively alone at work with my own thoughts and no other person is around so it’s a nice balance.

My roommate is friendly and talkative even though we drive each other crazy sometimes. I see my sisters at least once a week for dinner at their house or a restaurant. I go out almost every day for errands but I also go to the park occasionally or out to eat by myself.

I’ve got a friendly face so strangers like to talk to me sometimes. I find that even though I stick up for myself every single day, it does not give me confidence but I discovered something interesting about myself and that is that I have a little confidence in myself to solve problems in my life. It’s a handy trait.

4 Likes

well i dont really have a life right now but i’;m trying to connect with schizophrenics and bipolar group of my area and i’m trying to get into design and art again… but i feel so lazy…

1 Like

I guess I do. A life by normal standards. Wish I had a career and a relationship and my own place but don’t we all. I’m grateful for what I’ve got.

1 Like

if i didn’t have a life then i would be dead

2 Likes

Of course I have a ■■■■■■■ life

2 Likes

I hate that expression “Get a life.” because we already have a life, it’s just not being considered.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that carl.

I have a bit of a life brewing up… but I only get to enjoy the working pat until august.

Can’t seem to find a girlfriend… and if you were to take a long day in this town you’d see we’re swimming in pretty ones. They just aren’t into that.

I should have an apartment and my car back within the next few months. Sweet bliss of freedom from my parents awaits me. I’ll probably downplay the need to talk to them for a year.

1 Like

I don’t define “having a life” by anyone else’s standards. If I don’t have a girlfriend, then I count my other blessings instead. We ought to be thankful for what we do have, not griping about what we don’t… Take the Aesop’s fable of the dog and his bone. He takes a bone from the butcher shop and trots away with his prize. Crossing the bridge over the river, he sees, behold, another dog with an even bigger bone on the water’s surface. He growls at the other dog, and in so doing, his own bone falls out of his mouth into the river. Thus he ends up with no bone at all!

2 Likes

i don’t really have a life, I just play video games and talk to my friends in voice chat, I’m to anxious to go outside lately and will shut myself in for weeks at a time. the last time I left was thursday and that was because I’d been out of food for 3 days

3 Likes

I might be homeless soon though so i suppose i should get used to the idea of being outside

2 Likes

Do you have anywhere you can go?

Hopefully I can couch surf for awhile, I know a few people I can maybe stay with till I get my disability money sorted out. I think i’ll be ok

3 Likes

I hope so (hugs) wishing you the best!! And I hope the Money gets sorted out quickly for you!

2 Likes

Yes I have life my life is to play Starcraft 2 ride a bike and go to gym and go to work

2 Likes

Its mostly Netflix, reading & guitar… mostly

1 Like

I think I have a pretty solid life. I work 7 days a week 6.5 hours everyday as a cashier which also gets me out there to talk to people as well and socialize a little bit. I go to the gym 2 - 3 days out of the week. I’ve been working on approaching more women and hopefully find a good woman. I’ve been meditating as well and try to read at least 1 day out of the week. I listen to at least 1 Podcast a week and try to make sure I’m learning something and keeping my mind active.

I maintain my hygiene and shower 3 - 4 days out of the week. Basically try to stay as active as possible. I do have bad days but I’m working on disciplining myself in regards to my sleep. I’ve been sleeping too much which doesn’t feel good when I wake up so that’s about the only thing I have to get in check and I post on this website to share my experiences and hopefully help those in need.

I still live with my parents but I also cut out all sugary drinks and try to cut out junk food as well. Working on losing the last 10 lbs and I’ll be good.

3 Likes

You still have a life. Maybe not a social one, that’s not always a good thing

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.