Do you have a hard time accepting your body the way it is?

Sometimes I wish I didn’t have crossed eyes and a space in my upper two front teeth and that I wasn’t overweight and didn’t have sza but what can ya do.

I used to care what people thought of me but now I don’t give a rat’s big white ass.

2 Likes

no not really, sometimes i have hard time working up the motivation to work out. alot of days, i don’t care what i look like. other days, i want to compete with all my old friends and be sexier than those working stiffs.

1 Like

1 third of my body weight didn’t use to be there before anti psychotics.
Doctor’s seem to love telling me that its not the med’s doing it to me, but I really don’t think I agree. I hardly seem to eat that much, don’t eat junk food or have takeaways and still seem to put on weight over time.

I think I was quite attractive even a few years after SZ, but now I definitely have very low self esteem about it.

The only thing I would say is to remember it can always get worst, and that it won’t get better by doing nothing about it. Try and channel your anxiety into positive change. Order healthier food, go for more walks etc.

2 Likes

How about cooking yourselves healthier food people?

I have a ton of atrophied muscle mass now. I really want to start working out again.

1 Like

I have occasonal twinges of “damn I wish I had my high school body back” but come on now, we can’t look how we did at 17 forever. Life happens. Bodies continue to change. My fiance thinks I’m sexy and thats all I care about.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’m attractive… i never have. I have struggled with weight my whole life… after my jaw surgery I lost a lot of weight and I was ok with it… but ppl told me I was too small and looked sick. Now since being on meds again, I gained some back…ppl are saying I gained too much. I’m working on it though. Can’t really please anyone… just have to try to find a happy medium for myself.

4 Likes

Its amazing how fast some normies complain about weight gain. I often feel like saying “why don’t you try my drugs and see how you do”.

5 Likes

I’m fat and feel unattractive.
I look tired and old.
I’m out of shape physically and mentally I’m feeling better today so far but still depressed.

I don’t know where it’s going to lead.

5 Likes

When I was young, I had a rocking, athletic body basically all my life. Then, in my 40’s, I gained a lot of weight from oral Zyprexa and then Risperdal.

In my mid 50’s, I went on a diet and lost 50 pounds which left me with some sagging skin in my tummy area, so my body isn’t perfect anymore.

3 Likes

I feel good about my body, though I am a bit overweight.
I think we should be all okay with our bodies, however it would be hypocritical to say that body does not matter.
If you are feeling bad about your weight, why not try a diet? if not for the looks, do it for the health :slight_smile:

1 Like

Back when I had a lean, fit physique I was much more prone to being unhappy with my imperfections. Now I’m bulkier with a gut and I don’t mind how I look at all.

2 Likes

I could lose 15 lbs which is not bad considering the meds I’m on and my age, work keeps me active and i’m a lazy eater (can’t be bothered at times)

Yes I wish my body was 18 again, but it is what it is, Maybe I just don’t notice, I don’t have a working mirror, some old guy keeps blocking my view :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy:

6 Likes

I recently put on four kg in last few months and my dad said he noticed and that I look fat.

He has always been critical of me.
My legs are too short not long like my sisters and I’m not pretty enough or smart enough and I’m trash.

I used to be petite.

I miss being petite.

I work so hard to not be obese.
I eat tiny amounts of food much less than a normal person eats.

I have gone up and down in weight.

When I was around twenty I was put on anti psychotic and gained around 25kg.

Managed to loose it and get of medication.

Then back on medication this time only gained 15 kg.

Then lost it and off medication.

Back on medication and gained 30 kg.

Lost around 15 kg on medication change.

Then I lost more and was at a healthy but not petite weight for a couple years.

Then I became vegan and put on ten kg for some reason.

Then I lost a few kg then I gained them again.

I have become wrinkly and my stomach is biiiiiiiig and sticks out more than my boobs.

I want to loose about five kg but don’t know how that’s possible because I can’t eat less than I do.

If I could afford plastic surgery I would have it.
Definitely.

I was bullied for being ugly when I was a teenager and when I was a adult I had years of voices calling me ugly inside and out 24/7.

Still to this age I am not cool about my body as I want to be.

I want to improve it but can’t.

Can’t afford plastic surgery and can’t eat less to loose weight.

3 Likes

I used to be self-conscious about my weight. Then i made friends with 3 women who were over 300 lbs. They had no issue at all finding people who were attracted to them, kind of to the point where, as the lesbian friend, I had to endlessly listen to all these guys whine to me about how much they were in love with my friends but they got turned down. I learned that weight has nothing to do with whether people find you attractive, it just changes your target audience to, in my experience, very tall and skinny white guys who love board games.

1 Like

You look great, @SacredNeigh7.

Don’t be so hard on yourself.

2 Likes

I gave up on losing weight but I still skip breakfast and only have a protein bar since 8-10 months. Thats all I can do, everything else failed. Maybe one day Vraylar will be available here which should help my negative symptoms and then I can go back to my Abilify weight, 200lb 5ft10.

1 Like

On Abilify my negtive symptoms were a lot better I was going to the gym for 1-2hrs 4x-5x/week.

1 Like

I really don’t care anymore! If I need to be fat in order to be somewhat sane then so be it.

3 Likes

Before sz I was 140lb and was going 1-2hrs 7+ times/week to the gym.

1 Like