Do you have a good relationship with your siblings?

I have two older brothers and two younger sisters. I feel the only thing I have in common with them, was are parents. I see them once a year at the family reunion.

1 Like

I compare myself to my twin terribly but have generally had a good, but over the past 3 decades distant relationship with him. I did some bad things to my younger brother growing up and a big part of my psychosis was tremendous feelings of guilt from those sins. However after years of reconciliation and after months of not seeing him a visit to his house for one of his delicious meals to pet the dog and catch up makes things seem OK. I can’t say I’ve had a wonderful time with my siblings all my life and there are many low points with both of them but we went through a lot of bad times together and brothers will fight and love just the same.

No.
I love them but we are not close.

I would like to have a better relationship with them.

There is a pretty big age gap between us.

1 Like

Yeah now we are good but as kids and teenagers and young adults I often fought with my older sister. Really did treat her pretty poorly in places but I did have some serious paranoia. Anyways. We are all good now and that is a good thing…

My older sister is very accomplished. Two degrees and really earns some bread but that is life. I don’t try to compete and that is just pointless but we still look out for each other as we can.

2 Likes

My brother is 2 years younger than me and although he is a successful and busy executive, we are still pretty close.
I treated him like crap many times as kids because of my illness but he managed to forgive me as adults.

He leads a busy and full life and recently went through a bitter divorce.
I can relate and helped him through it because I went through a divorce years ago.

We don’t see each other very often even though he lives like 7 minutes away from us.

He will call me on the phone practically everyday to see how I’m doing.

I love my brother and am proud of what he has achieved.

He can be a bit cocky at times and we are very much different people but we are still pretty close.

2 Likes

It’s a working progress.

We are not enemies but we are not close

All my siblings are so different to one another I like that

3 older sisters here. Tbh they are very busy so I don’t talk to them much. But I know if things got bad they would help out

My sister is like a second mother to me. She’s 15 years older than me and understands mental illness better than my mom and I bare all my ugliest emotions to her and she never judges me. I love her so much!

My two brothers (13 years and 10 years older than me) I get along with fine too but not so close to them. I message them every now and then.

I grew up with my siblings under one roof. But we are living now seperate lifes. We catch up on xmas. I still don’t know who they are. My sz separated me from my family.

1 Like

I have a great relationship with my brother.

1 Like

My sister is bipolar (I think), and she is VERY argumentative and so, is very hard to get along with and she yells a lot too. I try not to be around her except on special days like holidays and birthdays.

My brother is not MI at all and is a total sweetheart. He lives far away in another state and he works a lot so, I rarely see him or talk to him unfortunately.

1 Like

I have 2 full and 2 half brothers. My full brothers are in TX and AL, and my 2 half brothers are in MA. With 1 exception, I’m closer to each more than ever.

I always wanted a sister. I tend to get along with males, for that reason… if I ever do remarry, I’d love to have SIL.

Me and my brother fought tooth and nail when we were younger. But I feel our relationship has gotten a lot better now we are older (and now I’m not such a hormonal dick)

I’ve got a good relationship with all my siblings. We support each other.

2 Likes

Who am I kidding.
My brother can be a self centered, arrogant and selfish ass hole.

1 Like

My cousin married a guy like that.

My paternal uncle is known as the a** hole in the family. Idk everyone calls him that. I remember spending weekends at his house and he always ordered Dominos pizza for dinner and made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.

My sister lives with me. She only makes like $700/month. She just got out of an abusive marriage. We get along good. She’s a little OCD about cleanliness. I’m not so…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.