Do you have a caregiver?

I can’t stay alone for too long.
I guess my Dad is my caregiver, even though I can do some things on my own.

Sometimes I feel like a fking child.

I wish that I didn’t have schizo bipolar and agoraphobia.

4 Likes

You probably take care of yourself more than you realize.

You’re dad is really old,

There’s no way he’s your caregiver.

I feel like you’ll do fine alone, maybe with a little help of a case worker or something.

I know you’ve had problems with case workers in the past, right?

Maybe that’ll resolve soon.

2 Likes

My husband is, for the most part. I have to have someone keep my meds for me, and I need someone to do things around the house. Luckily, my husband is the best, so he takes care of it all. He’s also there to talk to when I have trouble, and he helps me through. :heartpulse:

1 Like

I hope that you’re right @anon54386108.
Maybe in the future when my Father is no longer around, I’ll hire a home health aide/companion for a few hours to help.

1 Like

That’s great @Happy_H!
You are lucky to have such a supportive husband.

1 Like

My ex-husband used to do everything but pay the bills and cook, now that I’m with my sister I’m doing everything for myself. Feels good.

2 Likes

Caregiver is a tricky word for me. It’s tricky , in how do you define it ?

1 Like

I have my parents as my care giver but when I get old I will have to hire someone as my parents might not be around I have agrophobia and bipolar schizoaffective type disorder

1 Like

No, but I have 6.5 billion “don’t care” givers.

7 Likes

I’m pretty much in the same situation as @77nick77.

I have family but I have to look after myself. I don’t get any specific/special help really.

2 Likes

I get a fair amount of help and support . It’s a lot more help and support than I ever got in Essex.

I’m not self neglecting here , as I was in Essex. I’d be hesitant to call my stepdaughter a caregiver though , as though she gives quite a lot of help it’s not the main thing she does.

2 Likes

I applied for my wife to be my caregiver with the VA and they denied us. I needed the extra money.

That’s when I decided to go back to work.

1 Like

I live in an adult foster care home so have an in home caregiver.

1 Like

My family and fiancée, they all help me in various ways.

They’re all part of my support system, and I’m thankful to every one of them

2 Likes

I define “caregiver” as someone who helps you out with certain tasks that you may find difficult to do on your own.
In a way they are part of your support system.

Yes wave that’s a lot less expensive than going into a nursing home. At least I would think. Sounds like a good idea.

1 Like

Yeah thanks @anon12381882

1 Like

My stepdaughter helps me out with shopping, coming with me to appointments,ensuring I get my oral meds, saying when I need a haircut, pointing out if my t shirt or trousers need changing , . practical tasks around the flat . She plans to put better flooring in the hallway .

1 Like

She seems very supportive @firemonkey.
You are lucky to have her.

2 Likes

My mom and sister pick up my pills so I guess my mom is my caregiver.

1 Like