Do you have a caregiver?

I used to have a nursing agency that visited me for a couple of months, cleaning - preparing meals and that. And the odd outing around the area. But i got resentful for paying it outta my PIP - and in all honesty, im more than bloody capable of doing all that myself.

I didnt want to become too reliant on them and “give up” just to veg on a sofa all day, whilst it was all done for me.

And the fact i was scoring weed for the woman as well - which was counter-intuitive to my own well-being.

So i binned them off. And i never paid the fees in the end either.
It pissed off the social worker - after he done the paperwork for the part funding, but he turned out to be a fcking snowflake and left the service - there was no reliable care from him anyway, cos he was off sick every 5minutes.

Unless im having a wobble - i purely see the CMHT for me jab once a month now.

1 Like

@Wave . Yes- I am lucky. My birth family though not overly hostile( my sister has voiced some mild resentment/negativity about my being mentally ill) have never been that proactive in supporting me .

1 Like

I take care of all my own needs and help with my mom when she is sick. However, all my friends and family have the phone number to call if I relapse.

1 Like

I take care of most of my own needs and I help my Dad from time to time.

1 Like

I had a caregiver that lived with me while she was here she helped me alot I miss her and wish she didnt leave me. I was doing good before her I think and I’m doing good now i think but having help helped alot plus having someone there with you. I’m not going to lie I miss having a caregiver.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.