Do you go to the library?

I went to the library today. I took back home 3 books.
The financial detox
Living with a Borderliner
Philanthropy

All in Dutch. I love libraries. Free books, a great way to spend your time. Anyone else go to the library?

11 Likes

Hello fellow dutchy

3 Likes

Maybe I should say Flemish, but Officially itā€™s still Dutch.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got enough books to last me a lifetime. My family has always amassed a large number of books. I am curious about newer trends in sci-fi and fantasy genres too, but my thirst is decently satisfied through movies and series I watch, so basically that means no trip to the library for me. :face_with_head_bandage:

3 Likes

I used to go before the library closed due to the pandemic in 2020. I think it has reopened now though.

4 Likes

I went to the library today and took out books for the first time since before covid. The last two years I relied on bookshops but libraries back to normal and i got some great reads, thrillers from my fav authors

4 Likes

I tend to use kindle now

4 Likes

I go to the library every week. Iā€™m a librarian.

7 Likes

I havenā€™t been to a library since I was a teenager. I used to love books.

I think libraries are great though.

4 Likes

My mi charity organization always mentions taking us to the library.
I have no interest as I donā€™t like going to the library.

Lots of mentally ill people hang out in libraries
Itā€™s a stereotype

2 Likes

And Iā€™m one of them :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Love the trubrary

2 Likes

Whatā€™s a trubrary?

1 Like

Just slang. Good things

2 Likes

I got a Jane Goodall book from the library for 25c and now am reading another book I got for 25c, ā€œThings Fall Apartā€ by Chinua Achebe. Not only are these very cheep but they are also an eclectic selectionā€¦ Also got Grimmā€™s fairy tales.

3 Likes

I just remembered a movie Iā€™d enjoyed. The Librarian. Thereā€™s a sequel too.

4 Likes

I once went to a lecture of Jane Goodall at a University.
Sheā€™s a great speaker and can really imitate monkey sounds.

3 Likes

Libraries are (mostly) no longer the super quiet places from years ago. Theyā€™re more community centers. You can use the computer, search and apply for jobs, get research help, learn new things through free or low cost classesā€¦

At ours you can take a cooking class. You can also check out fishing poles! Others in our area you can check out passes for a week to state parks!

We run a 6 week summer program for kids where we feed them lunch and do crafts, read books, and work on their reading literacy.

6 Likes

I have not been to a library in years.

3 Likes

Reading the book, she really loved her job.

3 Likes