Do You Give to Panhandlers?

I’ve given food to the local church. Given clothes to a lady who gives them to the homeless. Given out plenty of cigarettes and change/dollar bills. And I’ve bought food for a couple of people.
Most of the time I don’t have anything to give or I just get a weird vibe from some of them.

1 Like

We don’t have any in this area (rural), but where I commute to, they are all over the place unfortunately. I give a little something if I’m particularly moved to. I gave about a $2 in quarters to a guy I saw sitting outside a train station once and he gave me the biggest, wettest eyes and stammered out a thank you because he truly had gotten nothing else the whole time he was there.

1 Like

we don’t have any

I’ve given to musicians on the street, pan handlers, people wiping my car windows at the lights, food banks, given away clothes. I don’t do it a lot because I am on disability and don’t have much to give but I try to help out when I can.

2 Likes

Yeah i do when they ask and i have a few to spare. Some ask me for a tank of gas and i dont have that much or even a car though, so thats a bit much usually. Some act as if its not optional and that can be worrysome. Most are ok though. Yeah i like to give to the musicians too. I walk so I run into more of them all. Today I saw a dude laying under a tree. He seemed dead, but luckilly was alive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.