Do you get bullied and harassed in public?

I literally can not go anywhere without someone harassing or bullying me in some way. Honestly, I am so tired of it. Any suggestions? I know ignore- them but it is exhausting all the time and I am only human sometimes I get very depressed by it and sometimes very angry.

2 Likes

Can you give an example?

1 Like

I get called -d-ke, whore, white whore, I’ve been called various other ethnic slurs.
I get called sl-t, bitch etc. Every day. I’ve had people throw things at me too.
all the time every time I go out and by strangers.

I am a middle aged woman of many ethnic backgrounds.

3 Likes

why? Why harass people. Do you like to be harassed?

No, man joking. harassing is bad. But you can do nothing about it. If you are wierd like me poeple will harass you. But ■■■■ them

Wow dcmouse. That is terrible you have to go through that :frowning:

4 Likes

I never get harassed, and that’s saying something as I am a muslim that covers in the traditional sense.
I’m sorry you get harassed :frowning:

5 Likes

i get that as well, maybe i should put clothes on when i go out :joy::joy:

seriously though dont let them bother you, dont give them the satisfaction, if they do anything out of order maybe make a complaint,

my biggest worry for me is my neighbour :confused: se has got my cards marked for sure, she pretends to be friendly but its not real, she has got it in for me :confused:

1 Like

Sorry you experiencing this , where do you live ?

1 Like

I live in Minnesota. Its awful. I can’t move for another 2 years. I do not try to draw attention to myself in any way, I dress average and boring. I do have to wear tinted sunglasses all the time due to vision issues

3 Likes

Not Really one time I was mocked by a cashier at a store I said something and he said the exact same thing I said like he was making fun of me I never liked the guy anyway just the way he’d look at me when I would go in the store I could tell he was judging me. My Dad said he’d go in with me next time to see if he’d do it again and if he did he’d ask him what his problem was? I am not the confrontational type I used to be before I started taking meds now I am more easy going passive and too nice that’s probably part of my problem and people take advantage of people like me, I am sure people judge me under their breath all the time they just don’t have the balls like that guy to say anything to me about what they think of me and I really don’t care I just let it roll off my shoulders and hit the ground and keep walking I want no trouble so I let it be whatever people think that’s their business not everyone is going to like everyone anyway right? Totally impossible with all the different personalities out there.

3 Likes

I get alled lesbian,hoe,whore just about everywhere I go. Feed em the birdie. Headphones n music. Works

3 Likes

There were these two cashiers that used to make fun of me whenever I bought a pack of cigarettes.
They were female bullies.
I ignored them.

3 Likes

I just got called a bum for asking to be taken to a grocery store but it’s twenty something degrees and windy here. A bunch .aholes

3 Likes

maybe you could take some nice supportive people with you when you go out. Spend time building a supportive system to counter these tough times. These people are probably having bad days or just an immature teenage prank but they should alt least be civil. there is a difference between being disliked and being harrassed. If it’s a common occurence then report them. If it’s a rare event then it’s a one off. I like this one quote "it’s none of my business what others think of me). But throwing things at you that sounds like harassment. Ask your doc what he/she thinks.

1 Like

It’s also very common for people with schizophrenia to hallucinate that others are taunting them and calling them names. It is possible that this is what you’re experiencing.

2 Likes

It is most common at my local grocery store, I have started getting grocery delivery because of it but there are still some things that I have to get at the regular store. It is a difficult place because of the lights, music playing on the speakers and people bustling around and I get really confused and go back and forth trying to remember what I’m doing. I think that makes me look like a weird person so I get picked on.

Maybe you should carry pepper spray. That way, if someone really gets in your face, you can pepper spray that person.

1 Like

good point @ninjastar in the case of trying to figure out if something is a delusion/hallucination or really happening a portable camera and recorder can help with the reality testing.

I get dirty at work, so when I’m on the way home or whatever people think they are better, get the same treatment when they know what I do for a living.

2 Likes