Do you feel you put too much pressure on the ones who support you?

I always feel like this.

Never used to share anything with anyone, but as I have got older, for some reason I seem to put pressure on those around me

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Credit due to everyone who tries to help, but I feel it’s a losing battle for loved ones sometimes, and I sympathise with them and their efforts to be there for someone with SZ - or any other illness for that matter

3 Likes

I feel like a giant burden to my mom, I know her life would be 1000% easier if I didn’t have sz and still live with her.

2 Likes

I try not to do so.

I’m the same as @firemonkey , I try not to do so.

My voices tell me people don’t want me around. I feel like a burden also because I’m not working and don’t contribute much to the home.

I feel like a burden sometimes. My partner who has asd is so supportive of me. I am grateful for
a chance to support him back if he needs me. It’s not the same, but its something.

Short answer yes

Yes. But I try to do what I can, and I don’t barely talk about my fears or anything like that to try not to burden others.

I do put too much pressure on my family, expecting years of burden and pain to disappear over night.

I try and use my resources, to not be a burden, but I probably do still put too much pressure on them.

i feel like a burden too for my parents but my mum always says i’m not a burden and that she loves me even if she has to take care of stuff.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.