Do you feel shame upon realizing you were/are addicted or an addict?

sz saved me in a sense. i know alot will say weed is not addictive but i was addicted to smoking weed, when i couldnt get it id drink, or take dxm pills, and drink cough syrup. the main thing i felt i had a problem with was weed. i would smoke before school, after school, and take a hit every 30 minutes through the rest of the day every day for over a year. my sz slowly developed with me thinking it was real situations and noticing it only happens when i smoke weed then eventually it became nonstop symptoms that never stopped and i knew something was really wrong with me.
ever since that full blown psychosis i will never use weed again. i used to think to myself if someone gave me food with weed in it id hurt them badly, kind of extreme but the amount of suffering i experienced after getting sz and smoking weed i will never risk.

1 Like

I would rather be addicted to weed than having sz and my bad negative symptoms lol considering that weed is legal here.

3 Likes

yea only thing is i have both lol. i probably sped up the onset of sz by smoking so much which ruined my teenage years

2 Likes

To everything I was addicted to except weed. There’s not as much shame in. But being diagnosed a poly drug addict there’s a lot of Shame in that headed my way . Fortunately it’s gotten a lot better now. As I don’t abuse any substances. But occasionally I smoke weed (in moderation) but I still feel shame for past drug use.

2 Likes

I posted a reasearch here a while ago saying that weed induce sz only in those with specific genes called AKT1, COMT. I had several friends who were addicted to weed, they are smart some of them were computer programmers making tons if money etc, they never got sz.

2 Likes

Actually when I was 18 and arrested for weed name put in paper and it was fully illegal and I had never even tried alcohol, I had a lot of shame at that point from weed

1 Like

Use EMDR to process all the traumas that precipitated the need to escape yourself and before you know it you won’t hardly crave any drugs.

All you have to do is think about trauma while looking at a screen with a blob going left and right. It mimics what you do in your REM sleep when you dream and by magic processes trauma in the brain.

Here do a free trial with : Virtual EMDR | #1 Online EMDR Mental Health Program

3 Likes

Hey a fellow DXM brother! I abused the ■■■■ out of that stuff. Combining that and weed is probably my favorite drug experience, but if i did that now i’d go utterly bananas. i’m still an addict i’m just addicted to safer things now like cbd and caffeine. I can’t change myself I don’t think.

1 Like

I’m ashamed of the things I did while in the grip of addiction. I also did most of them when I was sober, too. All the substance abuse did was dial down my impulse control and make me do more of it. I still have to own my underlying defects of character.

1 Like

Yes but you rose out of that, and I’m proud of you for that. So many people could learn from you.

1 Like

A whole new generation of serial killers.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

You do get called out and victimised on here if your was a addict even though you never admitted to anything. And for bragging too. No success stories allowed with this terrible illness which as ruined my life for past 12 years. Have a bit of brightness and get called out for being a bragger.

1 Like

Don’t bring your issues with your thread being closed into other threads @bobbilly . A mod has decided the issue and that is the end of it.

1 Like

Man, just try to be more sensitive to others, okay? You know what it’s like for someone here who is worrying about being able to feed themselves or their family to read about all your vacations? You’re really salting some wounds.

2 Likes

I was ashamed of some of things I did while I was addicted. Never really ashamed about the disease of addiction itself.

3 Likes

My issue was not your vacations, though I think they are excessive, but you saying you were buying alcohol and coke, which is an illegal substance. We don’t promote that here. Plus, you claim to be in poverty, but are buying illegal drugs.

2 Likes

What do you reckon was what caused your addiction most. Rough childhood. Self medicating Mi. Hanging with wrong crowds and getting hooked. For me it was probably a combination of all these things.

1 Like

Sometimes addicts can’t help it.

2 Likes

I never said I brought them for myself. I was being finically abused. I made that clear. I never took coke for a log time. Thats why social services tool me to court to get control of my money and won. As I was being exploided

1 Like

I was solely responsible for my addiction. No one forced me or talked me into taking that first hit of crack. I could speculate and say that if I hadn’t partied in high school I probably would never have done drugs in my twenties.

2 Likes