Do you feel guilty because you have gotten sz?

Someone asked me that yesterday. Where do these people come up with their questions? SMH

5 Likes

I feel guilty for my actions that occurred prior to getting DX’d.

3 Likes

I wish I can control my voices.

3 Likes

I feel guilty sometimes, because my family has to put up with me.

5 Likes

No guilt here ,Im over it, given All My guilt away , and I’ve done some pretty embarrassing thing’s. It’s just the sz we have been over taken by it. Not our problem I only apologize on behalf of sz.

1 Like

I feel like a burden to my family.

5 Likes

Nope. I did it to myself. I’ve learned to accept it. I’m trying to move on.

3 Likes

It’s like I’m a freak.they. Just look and smiles about me.

5 Likes

I’m sorry you feal that way about your relationship be with your family. But as a parent I think we know there are disability’s that our children can have . But we love them the same no matter what. I would never see my children as a burden. Some parents , their whole life center’s around providing for their children. Not something easily understood if you haven’t had children.

3 Likes

I usually feel shame more than guilt about my issues. Like “why can’t I drive? Why can’t I just work a normal job like everyone else? why can’t I handle stress anymore?” Stuff like that.

4 Likes

i still feel guilty, its just i wish i knew how to do things like normal people can do. i didn’t know how to set up the fish tank. i had to look it up and ask my mother in law.i also feel guilty because i can’t work. i pay bills with my ssi

2 Likes

@roxanna I have totally recovered but still I get that strange look from others that don’t understand us. After time they get over it, or that’s been my experience. Sorry to hear you get too

1 Like

I feel guilt for wrecking my potential by repeatedly overdosing on Piracetam and getting schizophrenia as a result.

Now I’m just a burden on my family and taxpayers. Can’t wait until I recover enough to work.

2 Likes

Hugs to everyone. I feel sad reading all y’alls responses. May you all be well.

5 Likes

I don’t feel at all guilty. I do feel worried about the future though.

1 Like

I feel the same way.
I’m not ashamed of having sz, but I am a little ashamed of the consequences.
I wish I weren’t so sensitive to stress, and so bad at paying attention or so unmotivated.

2 Likes

I used to be an ardent libertarian, but not anymore. Since I’ve had SZA, I’ve learned to accept that I need help from the government and my family. The government gives me medical care and money. My family helps but cannot afford certain things. I appreciate, love, and respect the government. We need government. I realize this now. Thus, I don’t feel guilty anymore. In the beginning, the last thing I wanted was a hand-me out. But I couldn’t survive without assistance and would be a further burden to my family.

It’s partly my fault for smoking skunk weed.

5 Likes

I feel huge amounts of guilt, especially since I’ve started treatment and medications again. My family isn’t aware and they generally don’t believe in medication so it can be a tricky situation. I feel like I’m going behind their back in getting help for myself.

1 Like

I feel guilty about my negative symptoms. They make me feel lazy.

1 Like

yes
actually i am egyptian and thats a crime itself if you dont know how government here treat us
they treat us as their animals!!!
you ll know we are all guilty

2 Likes