Do you ever think the police are after you?

i don’t hear voices anymore. I haven’t for four years at least (who knows how long that will last) but still to this day i am suspicious and think the police or some kind of agency may be after me. I can’t shake this thought. I even think they read what i post and will read this comment. it can be a very scary delusion. :frowning:

2 Likes

When I was delusional I thought the police were stealing my thoughts to build a case against me and also following me. I was so sure they were coming for me. It’s a very scary thought. I’m sorry you’re going through this. ECT was the only thing that was able to touch this delusion. When I got out of the hospital after receiving my first set of treatments I saw a cop car and started to tear up because it was the first time in a while that I saw one and didn’t have paranoid thoughts. I remember being in the hospital for the treatments and one night I became very upset because I thought the demon was putting bad thoughts in my head and the police were coming to get me because of the thoughts. I went out to the nurses station crying telling them…“tell them they’re not mine!” I was so upset and psychotic. Delusions are hard because they feel so real. Good luck to you. :sunny:

2 Likes

that sounds similiar to what i went through. thanks for posting. it’s still 4 years later, i work part time, don’t hear voices and am probably more normal than i’ve ever been and i still have this delusion.

I used to think that. My meds took care of it, I no longer think about government employees being after me. I used to really truly believe it to be a fact, however. Meds are what changed that. Perhaps you need a higher dose or maybe just bring the delusion up in therapy, therapy can work wonders for patients with schizophrenia who are recovering but not 100% recovered.

I found that therapy is what brought me back 100%, before I was getting better at school and physical health, but now I am also becoming extroverted and have been much more sociable, while still going strong with school and working out.

1 Like

Always. :oncoming_police_car: :oncoming_police_car:

Even last week I was standing at the bus stop and a police car went down my street. Said to myself “I’m not at home. Should I go to the police station first and be late for work.?”

1 Like

i think it is a common delusion amongst sz to think this, but the truth is they are not interested…it is just paranoia.
take care

3 Likes

I used to think that cops were just as big a kidnappers as anyone else. I did have a problem with getting really shaky when the cops were around.

But now that I work for the city, I know a few cops personally and now they don’t seem so scary.

2 Likes

I get this all the time, especially since I was stopped by a cop. Funny thing is my cousin is a cop and he is the nicest guy to be around. He has a good heart and likes to help family members. Its all my paranoia and in my head, nothing to do with the reality of it all

3 Likes