Do you ever make fun of yourself and feel like other people are laughing a little too much

My whole life I was either had delusions of grandeur or zero confidence. It hasn’t been so bad recently. When I was younger I would make fun of my self when things were going badly. Sometimes I still do it. I really didn’t have an issue with people laughing at me because I was trying to find humor when I could barely make it through school. People probably respected me less, but they left me alone which is what I wanted.

1 Like

yeah I used to be self deprecating as a joke but I started to get the feeling people were actually laughing at me. nowadays I take my myself way more serious and don’t ever make fun of myself, even if I’m wrong about something. it’s been good for my confidence as well I feel

1 Like

There’s probably a good middle ground @yaz1. There’s probably a way to do it to have respect and confidence. It might show you have self awareness.

1 Like

maybe, that’s what I used to think. but I no longer clown on myself, id rather look foolish wrong or pig headed. I agree it does show some humility though

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.