Do you ever feel like your body isn’t yours?

Sometimes it feels like my body isn’t mine. Like I don’t know how touchy the “gas” and “breaks” are, can’t stay upright because walking doesn’t totally make sense, etc.

It doesn’t happen a lot, but it has happened.

I’m wondering if it’s part of dissociation related to PTSD (what I was told it was), a leftover from some drug habits (some more recent than others, but assume all the things have been used), or part of psychosis.

It ultimately doesn’t matter much. Maybe I’d just feel better if it was a thing I didn’t do to myself. Or if I knew my current meds can prevent it.

1 Like

Hmm.

Your Body Belongs To You.

Hope, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Eternal Peace!.

P.s. It’s The Reason We Are All Still Breathing. . . . . . .

1 Like

Hmm?.

One Of My Friendly Voices Told Me To Remind You That Fear Can Result Into Giving Up.

On Yourself And Those Who You Love Within Your Life.

Don’t Let The Shadow Of Fear Control Who You Truly Are.

And Will Always Be. If You Erase The Shadow Of Fear From Your Illusions, Delusions, And Reality.

P.s. There Is A Universe Beyond Our Dreams, Where The Light From Earth Does Reach. . . . . . .

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words

Hmm?.

Of Course. You Are Completely Welcome!.

Keeps It Cools!.

P.s. You Seem Fine To Me. . . . . . .

1 Like

Yes, i think it’s a kind of severe dissociation. Nowadays i only have it slightly, but when i was young i couldn’t relate to my own legs and motions.

It was very frightening, but don’t get scared (you don’t seem to be). Just try to accept it if you can, then it goes away slowly.

But it is an interesting phenomenon.

1 Like

Yes, I have felt like my body is someone else. Someone whom I didn’t know how to deal with so I internalized him, made him myself and found that, at that point, myself had gone numb.

1 Like

Man, I feel sorry for whoever has my body. I fell out of shape and need to lose some pounds.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.