Do you care about your appearance?

I don’t care about clothes. I’ve worn the same clothes for years. I haven’t gone shopping for a new wardrobe in about 8 years. All I wear are basketball shorts and black, fades shirts. House slippers or sandals, even when i go out. I rarely wear shoes.

My facial appearance is the same. I just let everything grow out. Beard and all. When I go to the barbershop I get social anxiety and I start sweating. Really embarrassing. I’m contemplating growing dreadlocks.

I was “high maintenance” in my teens, but I grew out of that.
Do you care about your appearance?

5 Likes

I try to make an honest effort to appear presentable. I don’t go out every day, but I shower and do the other requisite hygiene tasks. I add to my wardrobe as old articles of clothing die off. I was never really high maintenance, but I’ve always tried to look after myself.

7 Likes

Yeah appearance is very important to me. If I stay home I don’t shower but when I go out it’s a must. I’ve gotten so big that most my old clothes don’t fit anymore though, I’m due for either losing weight or buying new clothes. I trim and shave regularly too. I get a little stressed at the barber shop but I’ll go every couple of months for a new cut.

Yesterday I went and bought some t-shirts (3XL) at an ECKO store. The saleswoman was a cute busty black girl and she was very nice and pretty. Wouldn’t have minded to have seen her a second time outside of her job. All this to say that I think minding your appearance usually improves the way people look at you.

5 Likes

I like to have clean hair and keep the mustache trimmed well.

I’m a gardener. I always wear jeans and tee’s, flannels and sturdy boots.

I have a few suits… but I hardly ever wear them. I always just sort of throw on what I find that’s clean… I admit… it doesn’t always match.

I guess I don’t really care about the clothing… as long as I don’t look like I’ve slept in the garden… I’m Ok with how I look.

3 Likes

I keep my hair buzzed short - try to shave everyday, keep my teeth brushed etc… I dont take a shower everyday but I do shower at least 4 x a week etc… I dont like formal wear - I do well with casual, t shirt, jeans - baseball cap etc…

4 Likes

I have all my old clothes that don’t fit as well. A HUGE stash of clothes from high school. My weight has been fluctuating but I gained most of weight back due to suffering from horrible depression I was in the past 7-8 months. I’m not depressed anymore (thank goodness) and I’m planning on going back on a diet and exercise regime.

You should do the same. I recommend the low-carb diet. It’s an all you can eat diet, and with these meds, it’s probably the most convenient. I know how it feels to put on shirt that won’t fit anymore. It sucks.

I hope you see that girl again. You should talk to her. I’ve been with a busty black woman before. As they say, “the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice”. :smile:

1 Like

I really do care about my appearance, I’m self conscious. I try to do everything myself because of the Sz. I trim my hair, dye my hair. I have some new clothes to wear. My son buys me socks and whatever I need. I wish I had better hygiene, but the illness is hard on me. There are many gadgets to make it easier to do it yourself at home. Razor, hair kits, scissor kits. I need to exercise and lose weight.

3 Likes

Haha, well she was kind of mulatto, with green eyes if I recall. That cleavage had me hard-pressed to look at it. She was kind too, I loved her voice. The store is closing so I think she’ll lose her job or go work somewhere else, honestly she looked kinda high maintenance but for some odd reason, I didn’t feel compelled to act like a shy guy around her, we laughed and had a decent exchange… I left her some tip and she offered me a free keychain but I declined because I already have one. Didn’t ask for her name and can’t find her on Facebook… :flushed:

As for the weight gain, man I’m quick to blame it on meds, but in truth I haven’t gained any weight since I stopped smoking weed 6 months ago, I think the munchies probably in combination with the medication made me gain all this weight so quickly. Now I don’t smoke pot anymore I’m stable but man you’re right it is frustrating to not be able to wear a t-shirt you bought a year ago. I think I’ll start to walk outside, but I keep putting it off for some reason… :frowning:

1 Like

I care what i look like when i go out, but around the alf, i walk around in my pajamas if i feel like it. I shower 3 times a week at least but it is hard on me because of my medical issues with my back. I no longer wear make-up, i dont know why, i have plenty but i just dont feel like it any more. The weight gain is a huge issue for me,it really lowers my self esteem. I can feel guys still checking me out but i have a boy friend that accepts me as i am, thats all that matters. Yes, i care about my appearance .

2 Likes

Not really. Most of my clothes I have now I’ve had since hs. I hate the tight and static-y (not to mention generally see-through) fabrics they use to make most girl clothes, so I usually wear random commemorative tshirts I’ve picked up over time. For me it’s comfort over style every time.

I brush my hair but I don’t bother styling it because I don’t care enough. I wear makeup if I have time, but I’ve been told I look fine without it so it makes me less likely to put it on. I guess I put minimal effort into my appearance.

2 Likes

I care little as long as my hair is straight or until occasionally I catch a glimpse of myself in a store window. My hair looks dirty alot - I hate washing it. My clothes are comfortable but not the norm. I get by in that category.

3 Likes

I make a point to be presentable to the military, save for my sideburns, they are out of regulation. I wear fitted black t-shirts and black or red jeans every day. I stay shaven and keep my hair shorter than 3cm. I lift weights and am actually quite muscular. You would be surprised at my appearance.

3 Likes

When I go out I do care about my appearance. Unless I’m just running to the store for smokes than I’ll wear sweatpants, a tshirt, and a bandanna. I’m not your typical girl though. I don’t wear what is in style, never have, and only wear makeup if it’s a special occasion. I have my own style though. Usually jeans, a cool tshirt, and either DC or Adidas sneakers. Sometimes my Doc Martins. I also wear a chain on my jeans, a necklace that matches it and earrings. I’ll also change up my nose and labret jewelry every once in a while. Not very many people dress like me, unless I’m at a Slipknot concert, around where I live so I do get looks sometimes. Last year my hair was pink so that got extra looks. But I’m proud of my style. I’m trying to teach my friend that it doesn’t matter what other people think. She gets intense anxiety that she is not wearing what is in. :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

It is important to me so I try my best but I’m not exactly angalena Jolie lol

4 Likes

I take care of my teeth and hygiene but I won’t take a shower except when I feel dirty, about every 2 days. I am going to see my dad for the first time in 8 years tomorrow and sunday and I am taking slacks and a nice button down shirt (kakhi and a maroon shirt long sleeve.) I am not a clothes horse and haven’t gotten new clothes in years except for my black t shirt I wear all the time with my gym pants. rocwear ankle high boots. I feel happy when I know it’s just not a black t shirt and gym pants. haha

3 Likes

My appearance is important to me. I have my routine down pat.

All of my clothes are Comfortable, even the dressy ones.

4 Likes

I’m about as obsessed with my looks as they come. I miss the old girl power thing about what is on the inside that matters. All of these body positive things obsess with you are beautiful no matter what you look like. I think that is sort of counter productive in a way. I think that it tells people that is all that matters so when people do get nasty about it you don’t think about how you made all A’s this semester and I my poem won first place in the university journal. No one should be made fun of for how they look but there are things that are far more important than looks. Looks will get people to flirt with you but a good personality will start a lasting relationship and help you win friends and keep them.

I would rather concentrate on how to stand up to the people who take your weight as their their personal business and get ugly about it. Teach people to be ugly back (because that’s how I think these people are going to learn their lesson).

Strangely though I get the most worried about seeming or being stupid. Whenever I say anything and people pause I think that I just said something moronic and that’s why they changed the subject. Everyone has always said that I am really smart but that’s still a weak point for me.

2 Likes

the black cloak hides my appearance !!
black is very slimming !
take care :alien:

7 Likes

I most certainly care about the appearance of my bloody soon to be corpse body. Good haircut, some muss-kels, great teeth, and im ready to get old and die.

Appearance is very important in my opinion.

I like to trim my eyebrows, it makes my gooey bloody eyeballs that will rot out of my dead skull look awesome.

And nostrils, nostrils are very important for us all i should say, just perfectly shaped nostrils. Who doesn’t enjoy a great looking nose?

And who cares if i wake up everyday and feces comes out of my butthole, i look ■■■■■■■ gooooooood.

1 Like

yes,

i never use to but now that i feel a bit better mentally and i have met some nice people i am trying to make an effort in looking smart.

1 Like