Do you call your significant other "Baby"?

I’m on the fence about it. It’s endearing but such an inaccuracy, a lie.

1 Like

I don’t have a significant other, haven’t in a long time. Women tend to lose interest when I tell them I have schizophrenia.

I once called a girl I was seeing babe and she really liked it. She made a big deal over it when I said it.

We’re all babys. Sometimes we’re a young baby and other times an old baby :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

i don’t like being called baby

i am not a baby and don’t want to be known as a baby by my partner

5 Likes

I’m not big on being called baby and don’t use it with others. If I’m feeling spunky (no pun intended - keep it clean, folks), I might call my wife babe in passing. That’s about it.

1 Like

I think you meant babe and not baby.

1 Like

I do not. It just seems… weird. Like girls who call their boyfriends daddy. Just nope.

1 Like

“Baby” is often in the lyrics of songs.

1 Like

I have used babe before

I use darling way too much. I still use it in conversation for family and friends.

3 Likes

i use it for family too. people think it is weird

others think it is sweet and precious

2 Likes

I have a really close friend who I call babe

I don’t call my husband any pet names.

Just his full first name.

He calls me “baby” and “squishy”.

Mostly “squishy”.

4 Likes

I use a variety of ever increasing obnoxious pet names. I started it to be ironic and tease him, but now I can’t seem to stop.

5 Likes

Sure do. Also hon. Also ‘muffin squishy.’ Lots of other things as well.

2 Likes

I called my husband Honey so much my now 16 year old called him Honey instead of Daddy as a toddler.

8 Likes

My ex wife used to call me ‘babe’

1 Like

I’m single but when I have had a GF in the past I usually called them by their name too. I was never into pet names, compliments yes, but not pet names.

2 Likes

is that like baby, honey etc?

Yeah.

1 Like