Do you call your significant other "Baby"?

i mean to be fair im technically not a “honey” “sunshine” “muffin” etc either :joy: :grin:

2 Likes

“Heeeeeeyyyy, baby…”

…is usually the precursor to some darn good nookie.

:blush:

1 Like

I do but my hand doesn’t answer me back

6 Likes
2 Likes

Yea…

But for me as a partner to be called baby is too weird as I’m a fully grown adult

Just creeps me out

2 Likes

Haha true so what do you call your S.o. :grin:

1 Like

I don’t have one.

I have only ever been in unhealthy relationships so I never really gave the person a pet name.

What about you what do you call your so?

I love pet names! Baby is fine but Babe is more common. But these are kind of generic. I prefer the silly or affectionate names that arise organically from events and circumstances.

My ex called me “bush baby” because of my wide-eyed puppy dog face, and sometimes I would chirp instead of talking. I called her starfish because of when she hugged me in the starfish position. She called me “octopus” because I waved my arms around like tentacles when we hugged. I miss being pet-named.

1 Like

My partner and I make up pet names for each other as time goes on. I’ve called him chubs, mugs and crumpet. I’ve been called mins, sweety and (what he calls me at the moment) chicken. We have NEVER called each other babe or baby. It is very bogan.

1 Like

Sweet and poppett are my usual ones. Offended a few women and their husbands for it in the bars. I use Dumpling as well - but thats just for my Daughter.

I call my hubby:

• Dear
  • Babe (extremely rarely)
  • Love
  • Cupcake
  • Strawberry
  • Bumblebee
  • My Iced Caramel Macchiato

My hubby calls ME:

• Green bean (most often)
  • Bumblebee
  • Sweetheart
  • Dear
  • Baby/babe (very rarely)
  • Blueberry muffin
  • And a bunch of random things that randomly come to his mind, that sound cute… :smiley:
1 Like

I like “green bean” where does that come from?

2 Likes

Some of my siblings sometimes call me Steen Beans lol

1 Like

Never have, never will.
It’s infantilizing and hints at a codependent relationship dynamic.

I can do ‘babe’ on occasion if it’s a woman

1 Like

It was just sort of random. We call each other a lot of food pet names. Green Bean just stuck. :smiley: And green beans are yummy, so I like it. And it’s unique. So, I like it even more. :smiley:

1 Like

My friend called me babe on text the other day. He doesn’t usually so that took me by surprise.

When he greets me on text he also calls me

Spectacular
Sweetheart

It’s sweet I suppose

oh i see lol just ‘babe’

1 Like

My dad calls me “Sweetheart” and “Baby”. If anyone else, besides my dad and my husband, calls me a cutesy name, I shut them down. :laughing: Like, if a stranger calls me “Hun” or “Sweetie”, I get really uncomfortable and I tell them not to call me that. It’s creepy.

1 Like

This is definitely not a universal truth. It’s totally fine to not like pet names, but for some of us, they are cute and silly.

2 Likes

That’s the reason my husband and I call each other silly names. They’re cute, sometimes quite funny, and make us smile! :grinning:

1 Like