Do you blame your illness on something?

For some time I blamed my parents. I still think they were terrible but I do love them. My mom at least has sacrificed a lot but they are old now. :frowning:

I blame my parents, my choices, my genes, the environment, lack of proper help from people around me and it goes on.

2 Likes

I blame my illness for a lot of things. There was something in my childhood which kept me perpetually angry. If that didn’t cause my sz, I don’t know what did.

1 Like

I blame it on looking at too much non-Euclidian geometry.

2 Likes

did you switch to Goedon eventually?

i blame it on my parents and drugs which i did because of my childhood pain.

1 Like

If that was directed at me, I was on Geodon for a while. The geometry comment was an in-joke directed at other fans of the works of H.P. Lovecraft. There are references to the sunken city of R’lyeh where viewing the non-Euclidian geometry of this “city of the dead” causes cognitive dissonance that drives mere mortals insane.

So, yeah, sorry, literary humour. @Twang, where are you? A little help here?

2 Likes

I blame it mainly on genes and the fact I was born to a teen mom with depression. Also I was only 5 pounds and may have been a bit premature.

I was bullied and excluded for 6 years prior to developing sza. The real traumatic events didn’t come until later and didn’t seem to make the voices any worse.

2 Likes

I used to blame people but now I blame genes and stress. I blame poverty, overwork, and isolation from people. Also, I blame God, who I believe chose this for my life.

1 Like

My genes played a part in causing the sickness but I think that the real trigger have been my parents who were cruel and violent. So because of my nightmare childhood, not only have I not a mental illness, but I have also a lot of psychological problems that are preventing me from being really happy in life.

The only place where I’m successful is in my professional life and because of that, it is my only source of happiness now.:frowning:️ This is exactly why despite I’m actually on vacation, I’m not happy and I’m unable to stop thinking about my job, because nothing else makes me happy.

2 Likes

I blame my husband because I was doing great and he did bad thing and got arrested and the stress finally gave me the relapse of my life.

1 Like

I totally blame my father. I inherited it from him. I kinda blame my pot happy ex husband too for pushing marijuana on me at a young age.

1 Like

It is what it is. I don’t blame anyone in truth although I have before. Truth is it’s prob genetics and was stress and defiantly the way I was born. (Suicidal sz mother- had to be emergency cut out 3 months early and put on life support for first 2 months. Doctor thought I’d be a veg).
My hardship being born not to mention lots of family including my mother prob planted it in me. But I’m not angry. I just live the best life I can live. And I love my life in general.

3 Likes

I blame it on getting a blood clot in the brain due to having a sedentary lifestyle and sub-optimal diet. Luckily clot busters and antipsychotics are working to reduce symptoms measurably.

1 Like

I got schizophrenia from my dad’s side of the family. He didn’t even know that he had the schizophrenic gene so it’s no one’s fault that I became schizophrenic.

2 Likes

I’ll keep sayin this as many times as needed.

Make Peace with the world. :peace_symbol:

1 Like

I blame the environment. The school environment.

2 Likes

I blame myself mostly. But I also blame synthetic marijuana, a bad environment and my parents.

I’d love to go back and redo the last 7 years.

1 Like

i guess i am just a victim of poor circumstances, i think i had a conflict of interest which caused confusion in my mind, it was between my mum and dad and it was like i loved my dad so much but i didnt want my mum to be left out and she was going deaf, its probably simple but complicated at the same time.

but they say that people are suppose to show more love because we are the way we are but idk if that is true, like i got unwell so people could show their love through me, i am the way i am to make people care more about mental illness and the poor and the suffering (in theory) lol

1 Like

It was my destiny…“Many men are called but few are chosen”.

2 Likes

There are certainly reasons for my having sz, but I’m less interested in why than I used to be. Here’s my list though: I was born 2 months premature, I was abused and neglected throughout my childhood, molested when I was about 6-7, and sz (and other mental disorders) runs in my family… I have always been different, and my first hallucinations were at 4 years old, so I was never “well” and then became “sick”. I was, imo, born with a brain that copes and functions this way.