Do you believe in aliens?

I don’t. Do you?151515151515

3 Likes

I don’t not believe in aliens. I think it’d be arrogant to assume that we’re the only sentient beings in the universe, but I don’t think aliens are on Earth.

3 Likes

The same with @Sardonic. There must be aliens somewhere in this vast universe. But not here yet

5 Likes
1 Like

Of course I believe in aliens. I think it’s incredibly ignorant not to.

Aliens are my friends. I have alien posters, alien jewelry, alien clothes like shirts, socks, pj’s. I’m obsessed.

If I didn’t just wake up I would dump all my alien knowledge here, but I’m much too tired for that right now.

Anyways, I feel like the next time I check this thread will be closed, the mods have a trend of shutting down threads I’m very interested in.

:alien: :alien: :alien:

(Note: I’m obsessed with aliens in a completely non delusional way. They haven’t abducted me, or communicated with me. I do hope one day they’ll take me away though)

6 Likes

Man love me some ancient aliens tv shows.

2 Likes

I believe in aliens,

I just don’t believe they’re interested in us and I don’t believe we’ll find any.

2 Likes

Here’s a small section of my bedroom. You can see I also love skeletons. And the best part is, nobody can tell me skeletons aren’t real. We’re all skeletons wearing skin suits.

6 Likes

I don’t believe in sentient aliens, the universe is 13 billion years old, we are only 200,000 years old and we have reached this point, if there were aliens since say 1 billion years I think they would have surely reached this planet.

2 Likes

They may not be interested in us or they may not be advanced technologically in order to travel many light years away.

1 Like
7 Likes

I believe there’s other sentient life out there. Just think we’ll never run into it, and I doubt it’s interested in us, anyway.

1 Like

I believe in aliens but I don’t think they’ll ever cross paths with us

There’s a few different theories I like about explaining why we haven’t been contacted by alien life. One of them is called the ‘fermi paradox’

Let’s say we have an ant hill in the middle of the forest. And right next to the ant hill, we are building a ten-lane super-highway.

And the question is “Would the ants be able to understand what a ten-lane super-highway is?

Would the ants be able to understand the technology and the intentions of the beings building the highway next to them?

So it’s not that we can’t pick up the signals from aliens using our technology, it’s that we can’t even comprehend what aliens are or what they’re trying to do.

It’s so beyond us that even if they really wanted to enlighten us, it would be like trying to teach ants about the internet.

4 Likes
1 Like

I believe in aliens and that the past 70 years has seen exponential technological advances due to reverse engineering of their technology.

I also believe aliens are our creators by assisting in human evolution.

3 Likes

Ok, no enlightenment, but maybe some food, water and comfort items? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Earth doesn’t provide the super heavy elements on the periodic table to fuel the vessels allowing humans to travel faster than the speed of light.

2 Likes

The odds are there is other life out there somewhere

1 Like

I’m going to play devil’s advocate and say nobody knows. While the prevailing theory is that it’s a statistical certainty, this assumes that life has a high likelihood of spontaneously generating in liquid water. While I’m aware of experiments that demonstrate relatively common natural conditions that can form simple amino acids, I’m not aware of any experiments that have generated even single cellular life by a natural process.

Nonetheless, the more I learn about biology, the less I believe in aliens. The more I learn about astrophysics, the more I believe in them.

All in all, I believe there’s life out there. Whether that life is sentient or not - I’ll reserve judgment until we figure out how sentience functions.

3 Likes