Do u have memory loss from meds

Just lately I feel I have a new side effect…

My memory is getting worse I seem to be forgetting things which leads to me questioning myself if I did or didn’t do it.

I feel like it’s short term memory loss.

Have u had memory loss from meds

2 Likes

I don’t remember…

6 Likes

Short term yes. If you give me instructions I won’t be able to understand them in the first time.

2 Likes

I have bad memory loss. But my former pdoc, (who everyone claims was a genius), told me that it is from many years of sz psychosis, not the meds.

3 Likes

Yes. I take clonazepam and benzodiazapines have memory problems as a side effect.

Yes, benzos cause memory loss. My pdoc says that AP’s don’t. Cogentin causes memory loss too.

2 Likes

I have worse short term memory and lower IQ from medications, but I seem to not have permanent memory loss anymore. So I think the medications help with that.

Why you asking and who are you people anyway? ? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Short term I get by. Long term is pretty bad. I don’t know if it’s due to meds though.

i have learned to always double and triple check everything after I do something because my short term is so bad. I don’t blame the meds, I blame sz. maybe the meds a little bit.

if you can remember to double and triple check behind yourself, you should be fine

Yes and no. I started having memory issues back in 2003, and I’ve been given many answers for it. Anxiety, psychosis, bipolar, nutritional deficits, and indifference to the complaint. It has gotten worse in the last 5 years, and I still have no real answer. I forget names of things and people a lot. It’s like I can’t access the info in my brain, sometimes if I google what I do know about what I am trying to remember then I can figure it out. But if it is someone I know, that doesn’t help. I find meds can make it worse. Especially zyprexa does it bad! I no longer take that though.

1 Like

Not sure about from meds. https://memtrax.com/test/

MEMORY%20TEST%20Mind%20crowd%20Jul%204

Both went way too fast for me! Slow processing speed doesn’t help!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.