Do I have anger issues?

I personally don’t think I have anger issues, but my gals and case worker thing I do… Now how am I suppose to work on this ? Do I need anger management? Or do I just need talk therapy? How do you know if you truly have anger issues ?

1 Like

interesting site, but not a full answer.

Well as far as I have seen of this, it’s mostly other people telling someone they have anger issues and it’s sometimes on tv.

It’s only happened to me from my family but that’s justifiable anger. My step mom was going through a tough time with her divorce just behind her from her husband before my Dad and she took it out on me.

I am not sure how one would tell if they have anger issues. I guess if it is significantly affecting your life in some areas like personal or professional ect. Maybe if you’re case worker and gals are saying there is it’s worth looking into with a therapist or pdoc.

1 Like

Most of my child hood I was abused. so I guess it’s possible I have anger issues from that environment, and the rest of my life about the same. Isn’t this justifiable anger, maybe I need massive help with it? Any suggestions ?

Don’t fully have Pdoc have Pdoc Nurse and Therapist… I have but not sure if he can help.

I’m not sure. From what I have seen you seem rather level headed. Like the article says, there are some good reasons to be angry. Like if someone is abusing you and they won’t stop. There comes a point where getting angry would be good for you. And it can help reinforce boundaries I’ve seen. I’ve used it for those reasons.

If there are issues from your past that you are upset with still, or that you are reminded of when interacting in daily life, I would say get some help.

1 Like

I think there might be but not sure I tend to bury things and then … Try to destroy them without success. Maybe I do have anger issues, but I’m still not 100% sure if I do or not. I try not to every get mad or angry but some days it just pops out in rage at times. I regret it and then try to do my best to repair the damages I create.

1 Like

That is probably a warning sign that you need some help.

How often does that happen? If it happens quite often you should get help before it turns into something worse.

1 Like

at least once or twice a day…is that bad ?

1 Like

Yeah that’s a lot.

2 Likes

https://www.psychforums.com/anger-management/

is this a good place to start getting it under check ?

It could be.

There are also crisis lines that you can contact that help with this.

I preferred 7cupsoftea before they had therapists and the listeners actually responded and didn’t feel like I was speaking into the ether.

But the main one I use now is texting 741-741
They are texting only and are free of charge.

2 Likes

I’ll test the waters then

1 Like

Good luck then!

1 Like

It’s a pretty good assumption that you have anger issues. Most everyone does. The Buddha said anger is one of the poisons of the mind. He also said gentleness is the cure for anger. I struggle with anger sometimes. I once wrote the word “gentleness” on a piece of paper and carried it around in my hand, as a constant reminder. Even thinking the word gentleness helps. Like a mini mantra. One of the biggest things is to not judge it too harshly. Anger is just anger. Sadness is just sadness. Happy is just happy. These are only emotional states.

1 Like

I used to. Then I just stopped caring all together.

1 Like

Looking at your posting history, I don’t see any evidence of you lashing out on here. You don’t seem to insult others or become aggressive. But maybe in real life it’s different. If you’re exploding once or twice a day, that does sound like something you should work on.

I used to bottle up all my emotions, and they wouldn’t come out as anger bursts, but I would get physically sick from all of the stress. I went to therapy to learn healthy ways of expressing my emotions, and now I don’t get sick all the time anymore.

2 Likes

It normally occurs when I try to deal with her when she’s pushing my buttons and her son that has been told to be smart mouth and try to push buttons.

If that is what happens, then you should find ways to deal with them that helps release your anger without it getting bottled up.

2 Likes

Would the people in your life be open to you talking to them about the things that upset you, so they can try to do them less often?

For other times, when things push your buttons anyways, could you learn about when is an appropriate time to remove yourself from upsetting situations? Mr. Star sometimes asks if he can be alone for an hour or two if he is upset, because he doesn’t want to lose his cool and snap at me.

2 Likes