Do I have anger issues?

Sounds like a good plan. I’ll try to do both of what you have recommended @anon1571434 and @Ninjastar

2 Likes

What ninjastar said is kind of interesting. That you don’t lash out when you’re writing. Perhaps writing could be a useful way of dealing/coping/expressing? Next time you want to lash out, grab a notebook and a pen and write what you’re feeling. Or just stab at the paper until you feel better. Who knows? You might write the next Great American Novel.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s true. You could ask your people if they would be open to having potentially upsetting discussions via text or email, to give yourself time to have an initial angry reaction out of sight, and then compose yourself to respond.

2 Likes

Has anyone given specific examples as to why they think you have anger issues???

1 Like

This sounds like disaster. A woman never forgets. If sweldon001 tells her everything he’s thinking on the spur of the moment, via text or email or paper, he’ll be buying her flowers every day for the rest of his life.

1 Like

Well, when I type things out to people, I think a lot harder about what I’m going to say. I usually communicate better than if I tried speaking face to face. Not everyone works this way, but it’s what helps me.

2 Likes

Yes, my previous girlfriend told me the same thing. That if I needed to talk, writing was best. I can communicate more effectively that way. Maybe some people are like that? Writing, or typing, gives a person time to think. To reflect.

2 Likes

A lot of it has to do with how a person listens too. If they aren’t a good listener, then they just use their prejudices on the person speaking and they end up “pushing buttons”. Also being a piece of ■■■■ in the process.

I see a lot of it on this website and it’s very sad.

1 Like

If they are purposely pushing your button to make you angry then tell you that you have an anger problem I’d say you all need therapy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.