DNA Test - worth it or not?

I had planned to take the test as soon as i got here and now not sure… :thinking:
I am not sure if I want to find out. If by any chance I get some percentage from my country’s so called enemies, I will be devastated. :confused: I am picturing it in my mind and it just gets uglier every time I think about it. And if by any chance, somebody finds out, my whole reputation will be ruined :smile:

4 Likes

If it’ll stress you out, then don’t do it. I’m not even sure how accurate these things are anyway…

3 Likes

At a continental level ie distinguishing European from Asian,for example, they have a high degree of accuracy. The problem comes in distinguishing at a sub continental level ie French from German or Italian from Greek etc.

3 Likes

@MissMermaid If you do do it I advise you to upload your raw data to https://www.gedmatch.com/login1.php. If you are European then Eurogenes K13 and K15 are perhaps the best calculators.

1 Like

yeah I just went to the website to see if I should order the kit but can not decide today :thinking: It is not urgent.

But then. What if you end up being any percent Irish? Wouldn’t that be the best? Wouldn’t that be like finding out you’ve won the lottery every day, and a leprechaun kissed you right on the face? Slainte!

2 Likes

No not possible.

Some 'bizarre occurences could be

Jewish or greek or indian or persian maybe egyptian :thinking: These are my guessing of possibility

Well good luck whatever you decide. Remember, your genes don’t decide whether you’re a good person or not.

1 Like

No one but you needs to know you took it or the results

1 Like

Yeah

I can not keep secrets
I talk a lot

:slight_smile:️ Anyway maybe soon ill order the kit.

1 Like

I once looked up my surname which I heard was Scottish or Irish and found out it was mainly French Norman. I do happen to know that the other side of my family is from Scotland and England although obviously if you went back far enough I’m sure you’d find those Normandy Frenchman there too along possibly some Anglo Saxon. Anyway i sometimes wear a hat with the family name and the apparently fictional Irish symbol on it. I think they put a Scott-Irish addition to our name to fit in with the locals.Oh well when one of my nieces had a heritage day they bought in an English pound cake to represent the family.

1 Like

What would they do to you?

1 Like

Don’t know who your enemies are but mine just said that I was white and asian. Half and half. Sometimes I just call myself asian because it speeds things up.

1 Like

no, nothing crazy :joy: just a bad reputation I guess as we have some country enemies from world war I I think.

Are you American? What are your countries enemies? I’m American came up 99 percent European and 1 percent Asia west which is like syria, Iran, or Iraq.

1 Like

That’s terrorfying

1 Like

Can someone help me decide which kit to purchase from where?

AncestryDNA is 300 for two kits.

Family finder is $89 for one kit. The ancestry analysis is not reckoned to be that good by a lot of people . The matching with others part is better.

1 Like

I did the ancestry.com dna test. You can find distant relatives through dna matches, it’s pretty cool.

1 Like

With Ancestry I have 307 pages of matches . Most of the definite matches are to ancestors on my mother’s Scottish side.

2 Likes