Distracting research... still Sz

I’m not doing well today. But I have the next two days off due to how the dice rolled.

I’m edgy, I’m impatient, I feel bitter and sour. Some issues are creeping in around the edges. I am going into work today because it’s fall ordering and I love that process. But I know going in… I don’t have the patience I usually have. I’m bracing for some head circus while I work.

So to distract myself I was researching skin grafts and tactile hallucinations. I was hoping…

I have some very odd tactile stuff that goes on with me. It’s like a lingering feeling. If you touch me and take your hand away, I’ll still feel your hand on me for a while. The tighter or longer the sensation, the longer it stays on me.

I was hoping it was due to my skin grafts from the house fire. My sis HATES it if anyone accidently touches her skin graft patches. It really gives her the heebies.

So I was hoping that maybe my tactile problems were all due to fire damage.

So far… research says no. It’s all illness.

This didn’t really cheer me up at all.

1 Like

Darn… I am sorry to hear that… I hope it’s just a quick phase and that it will pass by rapidly. Hang in there J…

2 Likes

i think your just on the down part of your life,you have climbed so far and happen just to fall a little,try to change a little of your habit,maybe you would be back to yourself again.
i hate to say this,but you can mentioned it to your pdoc,to see if any adjust of your medication could help?

1 Like

If I don’t feel better by the weekend, I’ll be giving someone a call.

My sis guesses I’m still drained and going to work yesterday didn’t give me any time to recharge.

1 Like

that sucks J, hope you feel better soon,

2 Likes

I have heard of burns causing nerve damage, I learned this after going to the student health center after pouring boiling water on my hand on accident last week. Mine was just a 1st degree and it healed right up.

Schizophrenia can bring all sorts of things to our lives. Good thing you have insight and are not letting it get the best of you!

I myself had some delusions crop up last night. I just dealt with it and slept a little harder than normal this morning, got out of bed an hour late.

But really, a nap can do our brains a lot of good. I take them when I need to and they make me recover from bad mornings. My schizophrenic friend from school takes naps too. I might have a shitty “Not again…” morning, and then if I take a nap I wake up not psychotic. Happens every once in a while, I learned how to deal with them last semester- just sleep it off, thats what works for me.

Best of luck, you’ve got this!

Lack of sleep in normal people can cause psychotic symptoms. Its basically more intense for us since we have psychotic disorders to begin with. I need plenty of sleep most of the time. If I don’t sleep that much, I will oversleep later to make up for it, like I did this morning. Im an hour behind schedule but will still make it to class on time.

1 Like

I wouldn’t completely rule out that the tactile hallucinations are tied into the fire. It was a trauma that you experienced and these feelings may be amplified by your illness but that doesn’t mean that your illness is causing it. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

i think that riley is right. you’ve had a whole lot to deal with this week and you probably are still drained. maybe you need to get your surf board out and relax for a while on your time off? you said the ocean calms you. so get out there and get calm. recharge your emotional batteries. hope this helps hunni xxx

2 Likes

Sorry that you’re having this trouble, do hope you get better and do recover.
I can relate to the tactile hallucination in a way, after a episode where I burnt my hand because I pressed the side of a hot blade onto my hand because I couldn’t think clearly. I still feel the burn when under stress.
Its not as bad now but it was pretty bad for a while. I do hope yours go down.

1 Like

maybe you just need a break , a weekend surfing, and time out to de-sensitize…
hang in there mr bond.
take care

1 Like

I see your post is from last week. Take care of yourself. Maybe you need some space? To get better? A little R & R?

1 Like