Did you have a good day?

I had a pretty good day- had the day off, which helps a lot :slight_smile:. Iā€™m off tomorrow, too :grin:.

I woke up early, kind of (8am), and got a chip/crack in my vehicleā€™s windshield fixed, so I donā€™t have to worry about it spreading anymore.

Shortly after that when I got home I submitted info online for the criminal background check for my upcoming new job, and I also went and did the drug test for that job. I made the mistake of waiting until I already had to pee before driving there. By the time I got there I had to go so badly I was squirming in my seat, and there were 4 or 5 people ahead of me. Holy crap, that was rough lol.

I went straight from the drug testing center to my friendā€™s house and hung out for a couple hours, which was nice. I swung through the nearest town and got a pizza, ate half of it on my drive home. Took a nice nap when I got home.

Got home and my key would not work in either door for my apt building, so I had to wait for someone to come out the front door for me to get in. I only had to wait a few seconds, but that pisses me off. Since that time it looks like someone completely busted the lock off the rear door, so this wonā€™t happen again until maintenance ā€œfixesā€ that, then who knows, I could get locked out again. So yeah, it wasnā€™t all good. Most of it was good, though.

Thank you for reading all of this (if you got through it all lol). I know I sometimes skip over longer posts because I have a hard time with concentration and get overwhelmed when I see a really long one.

6 Likes

I had a good day. I exercised and that made me feel better.:smile:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s great! Yeah, exercise always make me feel better. Except my back, it hurts my messed up back. But it gets me feeling better between the ears :slight_smile:. Iā€™m glad you had a good day! :grin:

2 Likes

I had a easy day, did one job then went out of town to fix 2 machines, only took a half hour and they worked on the first try, so went and had a steak sandwich and fries while I was there.

Then came home and napped

4 Likes

Glad you had an easy day @Mountainman, I respect that you are a hard-working man. Do you have to work this weekend?

That sounds way better than the pizza I had!

1 Like

Work at home this weekend, mow the lawn then other yard work, book keeping, cleaning it never ends lol
what are your plans?

2 Likes

It was okay, I had a lot of muscle pain today. I did quite a bit of walking yesterday and sat out in the heat bitā€¦so Iā€™m usually sore after that. I took two aspirin this evening to try and help loosen my musclesā€¦I also get muscle stiffness from my medication. Which is why I pretty much took it easy today. Iā€™m real happy with the organization I did with all my new office supplies (post-its, index cards, pens, highlighters,eraser tape, small stuff like that. When I was out yesterday I bought a small three shelf drawer that I fit everything in, plus one I put in my nightstand to help organize the clutter that was building up in there. I pretty much had everything stuffed in my back-pack but thought I should really only keep what I need in there.

Even though the game creates a new folder in the my documents folder when it opens I accidentally deleted my folder for the sims that had all my saves and merged custom content files. Fortunately I keep the custom content in a separate folder so I didnā€™t have to re-download everythingā€¦again. I just have to start all my games over, which is annoying. I had a really nice one story home I built from the ground up that I hadnā€™t saved to the gallery so I lost all that. Not a huge thing, just a little annoying and aggravating.

Tomorrow I go sewing with my mom, I should finish the stuffed minion Iā€™m working on. I have to attach his arms and feet, and stuff him, then debate if I want to put hair on him or not. My instructor was looking for a pattern for me to make a stuffed baby Groot doll from Guardians of the Galaxy, I wonder if sheā€™ll have that ready and tell me how much fabric Iā€™ll need for that. I do like making stuffed animals. Theyā€™re pretty easy to follow, and Iā€™ve made a few nice purses in class. Maybe if I get around to it, I might take a picture of everything Iā€™ve sewed in my classes and post it tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thank you :grin: I can tell you there are exercises for your back that will give you better posture and make it not hurt as much. Itā€™d be up to you to find them though as only you know your body well enough to decide for it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m off tomorrow, but I work Sunday. Tomorrow my ex is coming by in the morning to pick up the few things she still has at my apt; itā€™s been a year and a half since we split, but I was perhaps a little too nice and didnā€™t throw them away. I informed her that Iā€™m moving soon and I absolutely will not take them with me. After that I may go to my friendā€™s house, weā€™ll see if I feel like doing all that driving (he lives nearly an hour away).

Sunday Iā€™m sure I will be mentally spent after working and wonā€™t want to do much of anything after work, get out of work at 6pm.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great that you do activities like that with your mom. Enjoy your time with her, it is precious. I wish Iā€™d had more time with my mom; she passed away when I was 26, eleven years ago this September. I miss her. I miss my dad, too; he died in 2013.

Iā€™m sure I have a disc problem of some sort, not sure if exercises would help, since itā€™s not a muscle issue. It seems that the only thing that helps it is resting it. Once my health insurance from my new job kicks in Iā€™m going to get it checked out by a doctor, see what can be done. Maybe surgery, maybe physical therapy, weā€™ll see what the doctor says.

1 Like

If itā€™s a slipped disc, decompression exercises may help but always ask a doctor first.

2 Likes

Any day Iā€™m not in the hospital or not smoking crack is a good day.

4 Likes

I cold turkey crack 10 years and 2 months ago. Now Working on the ganja. Thats the only crap that gets me locked up in psych ward. Daily reflections is working well for me. Samuel l jackson quit crack in 1976. Once a crackhead always a crackhead? FƗck you for thinking it anybody

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry for your loss. Well our instructor called and canceled our class this afternoon, so I wont be able to finish my minion until next week. I think Iā€™ll try and work on my outline for a story Iā€™ve had in my head for a while.

1 Like

my day was okay. i went out for a walk and it started raining. i forgot my coat.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you at least had an okay day. The rain is a bummer, but maybe it at least cooled you off. I donā€™t know how hot it is in your part of the country, but it was 90 here today.

1 Like

My dayā€™s going good. I read my chapter on cell division. I found it a lot easier than learning about NADH and the Krebā€™s cycle. :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah, biochem can be tough, as far as the Krebā€™s cycle and all that. Are they making you learn the cycle in detail? I usually keep that stuff pretty basic with my students. They have to know that itā€™s part of cellular respiration, that it occurs in the mitochondrial matrix, that it produces NADH and a small amount of ATP, as well as what NADH and ATP are. Thatā€™s pretty much as far as I take it with them, try to stick more to the hardcore bio rather than delve into biochemistry a whole lot.

1 Like

i had a good day, kind of. it was good until my partner told my mother in law that two of the voices are gone and she was like good maybe when all the voices are gone she can focus on keeping the apartment clean and cooking meals. so when I start becoming normal iā€™m expected to become suzie home maker? WTF!?

I watched the kids in the pool for a few hours. it was two of the kids birthdays. a niece and a nephew they are twins. they are turning 14. kay and I got to come home early since she is tired and she wanted to copy one of her cds into the computer three days grace.

1 Like