Did you grow up in a musical home?

well i didn’t although mom and dad liked music. i remember mom and my sister dancing to aretha franklin, and mom also liked to play louis armstrong records. and dad liked the beatles and had some of their vinyl. but mostly it was sports and religion and school for me. i always wished i grew up in a more musical household when i was young, when i became an adult.

3 Likes

Not in the slightest bit.
My parents like classic rock

But we never liked it until we were adults

I listened to whatever my sister liked

So it went from Backstreet Boys to bare naked lady’s and then nelly. And then I fell in love with hip hop and didn’t look back

3 Likes

My uncle was a pianist, he played in weddings, church, parties, restaurents, etc But he died over 10 years ago from pancreatic cancer. He died after 2 months of being diagnosed, pancreatic cancer is one of the worst cancers with very low life expectancy.

3 Likes

sorry to hear of your loss. my condolences.

1 Like

He taught me piano when I was young and I was able to play good but I haven’t played for 10 years and forgot everything.

1 Like

Yes, I would say. There were always instruments to play and lots of music being played and dancing and singing.

2 Likes

i tried to give my nephew one of my accoustic/electric guitars i never use anymore when he was about 12. but he wasnt interested. it was a kinda cheap guitar, like $200 bucks. he said it was too complicated, but he took piano lessons for awhile. he is mostly interested in making money, dirtbikes, and fishing. o and video games. but the other day he was over here, and he was wearing wu tang clan socks lol. he’s now 16.

3 Likes

Wu tang at 16…I wouldn’t suggest following in my footsteps in life.

However I definitely was listening to wutang a lot at 16…

My grandfather was a musician. He was on the radio actually he had a show where he performed by singing and playing Harmonica I think, in the 30s and it was decently popular.

My mom was a dancer for a living but she was never into rap other than when I show her it.

My dad was an engineer but he did say the 60s were the best decade of his life because of baseball and rock n roll and his time in college he really liked

I wasn’t heartbroken rather I was graced by his honesty when he didn’t say the 80s, the times He met my mom and had my sister. Well I was born in 90. So he could’ve said 90s or 80s but he said 60s :v: :peace_symbol: lol

1 Like

yeah the 60’s were wild, a time of transformational change in this country.

my nephew also has a guns & roses t shirts he got for his bday one year. appetite for destruction. he doesn’t fit in that anymore, he’s up to 6’2" now, he got it a couple years ago before his growth spurt. he also plays basketball, but he is not big into sports. he is mostly a role player on the team, his brother is big into basketball though, kid is a sharpshooter, but short, he plays point guard. he’s a couple years younger than his brother. he likes to watch nba games with his dad, who was a good basketball player, and is 6’5".

i never talk to my nephews about when i played. they think im a loser, they were suprised to learn i could have played college ball. i told my nephew he is a better shooter than i was at that age. i was more of a facilitator and defender than scorer. although i averaged about 12 points a game my senior year.

2 Likes

How bout them 20s though :wink:

I think it’s gonna be a crazy time period the next ten years however not gonna be pretty all the time but people are gonna look back and say the 20s really changed us. If we survive it all. I’m no psychic but just my prediction based upon what’s unfolded so far.

1 Like

yeah these times are historic. :+1:

1 Like

My parents bought a piano soon after they married. It was one of the first with plastic keys. But they never played it. It was left for my sister and I to study.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.