What Music Were You Raised On?

I ended up liking country music the most in the end, but when I was young there was not much music in the house that I remember’

As I got a little older and started to go to dances and stuff it was mostly Rock N Roll

Not into much now other than country

3 Likes

Metallica and slayer

3 Likes

They call it classic rock now. Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Boston, ELO, Deep Purple etc.

5 Likes

Alternative Rock. I chose it myself, nobody got me into it.

Sometimes it was called Modern Rock. Stuff like Red Hot Chili Peppers, 311, Green Day, and Third Eye Blind. Oasis and Nirvana were pretty huge, too.

3 Likes

I have had many roadtrips that involved Beatles casettes, let’s leave it at that

7 Likes

70s folk from my sister.
70s and 80s rock from my brother.

3 Likes

My first stuff was 70’s rock. Really got into Pink Floyd as my first band crush. Later I moved into 80’s/90’s alternative. I like a lot of genre’s and enjoy music. As they say. Music is for the soul.

3 Likes

I was force fed hard rock n roll, but I’ve become very eclectic in my tastes. I’ve been listening to the Rumjacks, an Irish band located in Australia.

2 Likes

First album I really listened to on repeat and was like “man, this is a jam” was Deep Purple’s greatest hits album, Deepest Purple I think lol

I was maybe 10 years old and my family was very musical but I just wasnt feeling it till that album. Before then I was told to pick an instrument and learn it, and some friends were doing orchestra in elementary school and I was like “eh… cello I guess”

That didnt last. Once I listened to Smoke on the Water I made my grandma buy me a guitar and ditched the cello forever. After learning the forbidden riff I tortured my parents and sister for several years with awful renditions of 70s and 80s hard rock such as Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne and Master of Puppets by Metallica

Later branched out to hip hop and other genres in early high school but rock n roll was my first love lol

2 Likes

christian rock music

3 Likes

My parents music- West side story,My fair lady,Herb Alpert and Tijuana brass,The Seekers,Joan Baez,Supremes

2 Likes

Brother listened to punk, post punk and bowie!

2 Likes

Funny enough I didn’t really get into music before I turned 15-16 or something like that. I got influenced by my older brother. He listened to amongst others bad religion, sublime, pink floyd.

2 Likes

My parents always played Beatles when we went on road trips, and at home my dad played a lot of AC/DC

3 Likes

When I was really young my mom listened to Heart a lot, I would listen to back street boys and nsync with friends, then I heard eiffel 65 at around age 8, been an electronic music head since. I also remember the first time I heard linkin park and papa roach and POD when I was like 10, all life changing experiences.

2 Likes

I was raised on both Mexican mariachi music and American 60’s rock and roll. It was great!

2 Likes

My mom had a Peppermint Twist album I can remember and Chad and Jeremy record; Woman.
I liked the Monkees when I was young. My mom mostly liked Perry Como, Andy Williams, people like that.

1 Like

Like Petra and The Imperials? Who else Carman? Russ Taft?

2 Likes

When we were little kids we’d stay at my paternal grandpa house. He would wake us at 5 am blasting Hank Williams Jr. My dad liked country such as Vince Gill, Travis Tritt and Garth Brooks. Also Jim Croce. As I was a teenager I listened to Open House Party on Saturday nights. Also let’s see. Prince, MJ, U2, the dude’s that did Red Red Wine, C+C Music Factory, Enya, Peter Gabriel. Oh can’t forget NKOTB

1 Like

1 Like